Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 04:43 PM

Default Oct, 1942 SA SG Anniston Rebuild

SOLD

I am offering another rifle for consideration. This one is a CMP SG I purchased by mail in the spring of 2015. This one is slightly different from other CMP rifles I have listed in that I do NOT have the CMP docs presently. It was loaned to my son who shot a Garand match with it, it shot very well. I had fired it also previously. I am not sure what my son did with the docs, they may be in his household stuff he put in storage when he moved earlier this week.

This is SA 908299 which dates from Oct 42 with a SA 5-52 barrel. This rifle was rebuilt at Anniston and the right receiver leg is marked "BA4/8-65". The receiver has the common annealing seen on receivers of this vintage. It is the normal mix of parts one finds on a rebuild. The stock and handguards are an orange hue birch, stock has the large P w/o serfs one would expect. No other stamps on the stock. Pictures show the detail. Barrel particulars are a TE of 3 and a MZ of about 1.5. I checked the headspace when I first got it and again just now, checks good. It has an interesting mix of parts including an IHC trigger housing, unmarked safety, SA hammer, rebuild op rod, 12SA bolt, and a solid gas cylinder lock screw that has been polished as can be seen in the muzzle picture. No idea why this was done but it came on the rifle. This is a nice example of an Anniston rebuild for those of you who are collecting those. I am going to ask $950 shipped.

Shipping will be by Registered Mail insured. This must go to a FFL or Collector licensee. I can take about any payment except CC and no PayPal on a firearm. PCs will delay shipping. Normal Forum rules apply, must have a firm "I'll take it" followed by a PM or email. Thanks for looking.

https://imgur.com/a/cDZHBUT

Feedback Thread
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=167261

Last edited by Nodak71; 12-13-2018 at 04:37 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 12-08-2018, 06:52 PM

I will take it
Old 12-08-2018, 07:31 PM

I will take it second, just in case.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:41 PM

SPF to tbone, seconds to scoutII

Thanks

Feedback Thread