Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2018, 04:50 PM

I have the Konus 100. I like the optics but it is a very heavy scope and requires a heavy duty stand during windy conditions
Old 04-15-2018, 05:07 PM

I agree with ceresco - it can be very difficult to see .223 bullet holes much beyond 200 yds and if the atmospheric conditions (especially mirage) are challenging, you can have issues at even 200 yds. High quality optics helps a great deal but it just can't do much when the light and mirage are working against you. If you really want to spot bullet holes at longer ranges, I think that investing in a remote camera is probably the best way to go. If you want to be able to spot scoring discs and be able to read the mirage, a good quality scope is the way to go. A scope is also useful for long range hunting or for tactical usage. I would suggest getting a scope with at least a 60mm objective lens and with at least 20X magnification. Variable magnification is a plus - 15 to 45X magnification is favored by many. Many prefer angled eyepieces for high power shooting but I find that they aren't the best for some other applications. You can spend under $200 for a decent scope (like a Konasport 20- 45X 65mm scope) but you can also spend $2500 for a great scope (like a Leupold Mk 4 20- 60X 80mm scope). You will also need to buy a scope stand. When if comes to optics, it's sort of like performance cars - where you pay for speed. The last few mph's are the most costly. In optics, the last little bit of clarity and light gathering capability are the most expensive.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocking416 View Post
That looks like a nice spotting scope for very reasonable price.

How clearly can you see the target at 200-300 yard range?

The phone adapter is cool as well
The phone adapter is tiresome to line up on the scope, but it (the adapter) can be threaded onto a tripod, so you can use it to hold your phone to record video.

I've only used the scope on targets out to 200 yards. With splatter targets you can see the holes easily. I haven't tried it with regular paper targets.

I've also used it on a steel range out to 285 yards with a friend spotting for me. The sight picture is pretty clear.

Last edited by WebSmithEddy; 04-28-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2018, 06:51 AM

I went through a couple of different spotting scopes, until I picked up a Vortex Razor HD.

Buy once, cry once.