Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2018, 05:02 PM

Default Picked up a Remington 513-T this weekend

Based on the markings on the barrel, I believe it to be a June 1942 rifle, but could be wrong.

Album: https://imgur.com/a/x1APlIE

Does anyone happen to know the significance of the anchor after the serial number? Is that just a typical Remington proof mark?
Old 05-01-2018, 05:51 AM

anchor stamp is the standard Remington proof mark at the time - it has no connection to U.S. Navy - looks like a nice piece - metal finish looks original blue in first picture , looks parkerized in other pictures - front sight is a replacement - none of my WWII ones have a stock with the fluted comb like yours - none of mine have the ordnance wheel stamp -

Last edited by schutzen-jager; 05-01-2018 at 06:01 AM. Reason: addendum
Old 05-01-2018, 09:59 AM

Is it unusual that it has an "x" on the bottom of the pistol grip? I was looking for a p-proof, but didn't notice any.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:59 AM

own many + inspected a lot more + never seen one with an X - stock is probably a post war replacement - also the FJA + ordnance wheel further forward on stock than others i have seen - possible parts gun put together from one of the barreled actions CMP was selling - what is the date code on l/s of bbl. ? -
Old 05-01-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
own many + inspected a lot more + never seen one with an X - stock is probably a post war replacement - also the FJA + ordnance wheel further forward on stock than others i have seen - possible parts gun put together from one of the barreled actions CMP was selling - what is the date code on l/s of bbl. ? -
"PL"

The gentleman who I purchased it from said that it was a CMP gun, but that it came without sights, so he added those after the fact. He posts on here, but I can't remember what his handle is off the top of my head.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

FWIW I have a 513T ... 23953 and what appears to be "OL" for a barrel date....7/42. Your "PL" does appear to be 6/42.
Date code below......
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...53&postcount=2
Old 05-01-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schutzen-jager View Post
metal finish looks original blue in first picture , looks parkerized in other pictures
Forgot to mention, the difference in appearance on the finish is probably due to me actually putting some lubri-plate on there and the bright lighting yesterday, as it was a bit dry when I took it out of the stock. I'd say that the gray-park look in photos #6 and #8 is probably the best representation of what it all looked like in person before I added a touch of preservative.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:52 PM

the parked finish was done when it went thru a rebuild or repair - original finish was a dull blue + top of barrel usually marked [ military finish ] - the P L is 6/42 - Remington produced over 69,900 between 1941 + 1943 , with the majority made in 1942 + 1943 - enjoy it -