Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP Bolt Action Rifles
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2018, 07:28 PM

That looks great! I'm also putting a SC back together, the one I found has a chopped stock and is missing most of the hardware. I've found most of the missing pieces though.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:20 PM

Woodsman,

All the parts are out there and USGI still. Is your SC parked green/grey or still blued? Drilled? Since mine was already D&Ted, I am trying it as sniper. Have not had time to shoot it yet.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:24 AM

Art that came out very well. That SC bolt to match a SC receiver is very nice. Rifle looks tight.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:18 AM

Thank you Smag. It's a fine job on the bolt. When I had the barreled action out of the straight stock, it was clearly all blued and the metal is all excellent with no pitting, so the materials all match up nicely. I am a "LEARNER" here and no expert but I do not think it was ever parked. New life for an ordinary sporter, a nice SC that should have never been altered. Hind sight right? The K2.5 Weaver scope came from Ebay last week for $28 plus shipping! As it is, I have invested $630 in it. For me it is the opportunity to learn and experience another type of military firearm history. So.... Joining the "A4forgery" ranks. The wealth of experience this forum provides makes this project doable and affordable!
Old 07-03-2018, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus K View Post
Woodsman,

All the parts are out there and USGI still. Is your SC parked green/grey or still blued? Drilled? Since mine was already D&Ted, I am trying it as sniper. Have not had time to shoot it yet.
Mine has the grey park, not drilled. From what I can tell only the barrel and receiver are SC, which is fine with me. The stock hardware that I've acquired is mostly Remington. I'm keeping my eyes open for a good stock. LEt us know how yours shoots.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:53 PM

Very nice job making it into an A4 Artemus. It looks like a keeper as you have finished it. Even if it did not start out as an A4, it looks so good, who is to know. We won't tell.

There is a wealth of knowledge on the forum and it does make projects doable, even though sometime they may not be as affordable as we would like, but just being able to restore some old relic is part of the fun. Who says it always has to be economical. Just do it and enjoy. Have a very nice 4th.
Bob
Old 07-04-2018, 11:47 PM

Default First Range test

It was a fine day for a trip to the range. But a bit warm at 95F. Function testing and initial scope work, with useful results. The Weaver K2.5 adjusted well after starting off low. I had laser boresighted at home, so I decided to start right out at 100 yards using a bench rest. This almost was a bad idea as I started off barely on paper. Here is my target after the first 10 rounds. The 5 shots in the center cover about 3 inches. After I got more comfortable, this improved somewhat to a bit under 2 inches. Only fired 30 rounds this time. I really liked the cheek weld and scope position. It's a really comfortable setup and I am sure I'll get it all down tighter.