Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-11-2018, 09:18 PM

Before you go grabbing a Kimber 82 remember there are essentially no repair or replacement parts for them. That could be a problem in the future if something breaks. They are darn fine shooting rifles but that is a downside. Also the sights to my knowledge fit no other rifle if you intend to use irons.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:07 PM

Ernie, point taken. I’m diving in head first on the Kimber.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:59 AM

The main parts that wear out are available,cocking stud, extractors and springs . I see sights offered often by people who install glass on their Kimbers. There used to be a guy on Gunbroker that sold 82g parts, don't know if he still does or not
Old 03-12-2018, 07:24 AM

there are a lot of threads on these parts, especially the cocking screw.

Does anyone shoot these rifles enough to have an approximate round count or what signs to look for when these parts state to go?
Old 03-12-2018, 10:36 AM
Banned

If you are talking out of the box .22lr's. Here is a couple nice heavy barrel, bolt action .22lr. Im sure you can have a custom built .22lr thats more accurate, but im sure it cost lots more! Shoot Eley match .22lr ammo. Its some of the best .22lr target ammo.

Ruger makes a bolt action .22lr. It has a 24 inch heavy barrel. Its called a 77/22. K77/22-VBZ is the ruger cat #. It looks sweet! Cost a pretty penny!

Savage makes a nice .22 target rifle too. Its Model: MARK II BTVS. Its a bolt action with a 22 inch heavy barrel. This savage is WAY CHEAPER TOO!
Old 03-12-2018, 12:25 PM

Pinhole- I may go newer in the future. I think the Kimber will suit my needs.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuceguy View Post
Pinhole- I may go newer in the future. I think the Kimber will suit my needs.
Would be surprised if you don't like the 82G. It is a great starter rifle. Install the Extreme Trigger and you will like it even better.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:44 AM

I recently got a used Savage/Anschutz Mark 10B. Savage used to import Anschutz and place their name on them. I believe the Mark 10 A&B are both Anschutz model 64 actions and the Mark 10D is the less desirable Flobert action. After locating sights my rifle will hold a little over a half inch at Fifty yards with just about any decent target grade ammo like Eley Club or RWS target. Still tinkering around with ammo and action screw torque to see if I can improve on it. I bought mine without sights for $500 and another $100 for a Williams fool proof target sight for the Anschutz rifles.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:02 PM

dueceguy-have fun with the 82G. Itís not a benchrest gun, more 3P; but I love mine.It likes SK as good or better than Eley. It shoots better than I do & the trigger is very adjustable.
Old 03-15-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwenum View Post
dueceguy-have fun with the 82G. Itís not a benchrest gun, more 3P; but I love mine.It likes SK as good or better than Eley. It shoots better than I do & the trigger is very adjustable.
Thanks! I think this will be a good match shooter. Hopefully the only time itís shot from a bench is to sight in. I will most likely keep the trigger on the heavy side because I shoot matches with my Garand and M1A. (Yes, I get my rear kicked by the scoped ARs)