Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Smallbore
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2018, 09:10 PM

Default M1922 and Martini international MKII Question

Good evening,

I came across a M1922 and Martini International MKII today at a LGS and have interest in both of them. Below is info I gathered as I didn’t have my phone on me.

(M1922)
Marked MI1
SN 11837B
Barrel dated 5-37
Stock sanded and had M2 on bottom of pistol grip and faint rebuild cartouches

Not D&T’d

Bolt did not have M2 on top of body, faint stamping on top of bolt handle...not legible, bolt in the white. Did not look to see if etched with serial#

Receiver and barrel dark parked and was refinished
Magazine most likely after market

Rear sight Lyman and had light rust in certain spots and right side had barely readable markings. Front Lyman globe sight.

Condition.....8/10 IMO
Price was.....$2500!!

———BREAK———

(Martini MK II)
Looked all original
9k SN#

Bluing had wear of use, light putting all over the rifle w/ some moderate pitting on certain areas of the barrel and around the crown

Wood was in very good condition w/ some wear on finish

Front/rear sights were Parker Hale

Condition.. 6.5 or 7/10 IMO due to light pitting

Price...$895

My question would be a fair price for each. I know the M1922 was converted to M2 and front sight added. I looked around for current pricing and seemed like good examples were anywhere from $1-1500+ that have sold

I have an AR15 he showed a lot of interest in and I value it as $1400-1500. Just trying to see where I stand in a possible trade before I talk to him again......I know he is high on Both rifle prices.

....He did have a mint kimber 82G w/ sights but missing the stock spacers....no biggie....Rifle was mint 9.5/10 and I might pursue it on a deal depending on the feedback I get here on the other rifles ....price $895 but he will go lower as he showed little interest on it and covered in dust....I already have 3 of these and know a fair price is around $700’ish I’m assuming by what has been sold in the last several months here on the forum.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Mike
Old 04-17-2018, 10:07 PM

The 1922MII is priced at more than double what I would expect to sell it for. Aftermarket magazines have a reputation of not being reliable. A correct magazine would sell for $100.00 to $125.00.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:32 AM

Thx Herschel as I have seen your name pop up on a couple of forums as knowing a lot about these. I’m assuming a fair price would be around $1100 then
Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 AM

Anyone has any input on the Martini pricing?

Due to the pitting, I would definitely say it is a shooter
Old 04-20-2018, 10:21 PM

Go to Gun Broker and sign in do and advanced search for BSA MK II to see what the current market is. I paid 650 for mine from MT Guns when they were still open, but that was about 5 years ago. In todays market 850 with PH sights is not too far out of line. Mine was manufactured in 1954. If you go to rimfire central and go to the Martini forum you will find out a great deal about the BSA Internationals;

Hope this helps.

BR
Old 04-22-2018, 09:11 PM

Thx BR

It has been a while since I have looked at that forum and found some good info.

I ended up getting the Kimber 82 and Martini. The martini was actually in better shape looking at it again in better light and spending about 45 minutes examining it. It only had moderate pitting in 2 small areas and the rest was just aged patina. I gave the metal a good solvent cleaning wipe down and oiled it. Rear sight was in excellent condition and front sight had some wear. All in all I have $1k invested in both rifles and not a bad deal.

I gave up on the 1922 as the owner liked it enough not wanting to drop the price.

Now I just have to get out and see how they shoot.

Last edited by gaterbaitii; 04-23-2018 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 04-22-2018, 09:41 PM

GB

Nice going great pricing. I have an 82G also and a BSA MK IV and MK . They all are a joy to shoot. Watch out for the MKII ejection it will launch the brass into orbit.

Happy Shooting

BR