Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2018, 11:55 AM

Ceresco,
Yeah I don't understand why it's so difficult to make a set of rules that encompasses all but also keeps them competitive.

Vintage semis with vintage bolts. Maybe give them separate awards with same scores.

Modern military class A is modern military no optics(my opinion)
Class b is optics and other difference but not "match" rifles (again my opinion)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/654109364964194/ CMP Travel Games FB Group
Old 02-09-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdg1 View Post
Interesting this topic comes up more offen now. I think the solution is fairly simple as others have said. Have MM class A and B rifles compete separately and remove scopes from B class unless that's how the rifle was normally issued (and possibly add post war bolt guns to B group?). Only other thing I'd suggest is to put M16/M16A1/M16A2 as issued (retro) configured rifles (e.g. penile/Nato contour barrels, triangle/round hand-guards, single stage trigger, no free-float, no scopes, etc.) into group B. Class A would be for all other AR type modern rifles (few limitations), which achieves CPMs goal of getting more participation from new folks, simplifies the class A rules a bunch, and keeps a spot for post war (WWII/Korea?) as-issued vintage connoisseurs. Now if there was only a way to get the rules committee to consider...
Some may argue that all our guns are configured as such.
NRA - XTC HP Expert
16 down / 14 to go!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:36 PM

Ceresco,no one else saw that either.
There was no reply on another post about the CP results concerning 1903A3 in Vintage.
So do these competitors not know the rules,don’t care or mistakenly filed out score card.
I understand your frustration on MM,I scored for a guy at Perry last year that was shooting an AR service rifle.I asked him about it as discreetly as possible.The reply was ,
”it’s unlimited”.I asked where is is it marked on this scorecard?Reply,I turn it in at registrations.
I looked at the results and sure enough he was in MM not Unlimited MM.