Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > Accessories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2018, 04:15 PM

Default Found my Grandfathers World War 2 duffel bag yesterday

I recently inherited my Grandparent's farm. Yesterday I was checking on the house, and decided to check the storage building over the cellar. I found my Grandpa's World War 2 duffel bag he brought home from Europe in it. He's the big reason I'm such a big fan of history, and of old battle rifles.

I spent a lot of time on my Grandparent's farm when I was a kid, and lived with them when I was a teenager. Gramps worked hard to instill some of his best traits in me. Be a man of your word, help your friends and neighbors, and above all to have a good work ethic and make your own way by the sweat of your brow, because in the end you'll appreciate it that much more. He was a hell of a man, and an awesome Grandpa.

It just came out of the washing machine, and will be going on to permanent display in my man cave.

Old 02-26-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBurn View Post
I recently inherited my Grandparent's farm. Yesterday I was checking on the house, and decided to check the storage building over the cellar. I found my Grandpa's World War 2 duffel bag he brought home from Europe in it. He's the big reason I'm such a big fan of history, and of old battle rifles.

I spent a lot of time on my Grandparent's farm when I was a kid, and lived with them when I was a teenager. Gramps worked hard to instill some of his best traits in me. Be a man of your word, help your friends and neighbors, and above all to have a good work ethic and make your own way by the sweat of your brow, because in the end you'll appreciate it that much more. He was a hell of a man, and an awesome Grandpa.

It just came out of the washing machine, and will be going on to permanent display in my man cave.

Awesome! My dad used to have his army shirts, but I ruined them all during my younger years. I wish I still had some to show to my kids. That's a great momento to keep!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2018, 06:42 PM

You are very fortunate! Sincerely. bruce.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:10 PM

nice
Old 03-04-2018, 06:39 PM

Thanks for sharing the story ... what a great family heirloom to be able to hold onto!
GCA Member

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike especially when young, how to use them." (Richard Henry Lee, Walter Bennett, ed., Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republican, at 21,22,124 [Univ. of Alabama Press,1975])
Old 03-04-2018, 07:27 PM

Hi RazorBurn,

Lets get that steam-iron & some starch out!

Thanks for the pictures!
broom
Old 03-07-2018, 03:30 PM

Nice find! I have my Dads. It has his name and full address from way back then on it. Carried it to the mountains for years with my clothes to camp.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:18 PM

Found something else today, and thought I would share. My uncle was cleaning the the upstairs closet, and found a couple of his shirts so I thought I would share a picture of one of them. The other shirt had pants to match, was dark green, and reminded me of enlisted soldiers dress clothes. I was so stoked I forgot to take pictures of the green outfit.

I knew he was in Co. B, 254th Infantry Regiment, 63rd Infantry Division, so it was cool to see the emblems on his shirt.

Last edited by RazorBurn; 03-19-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-21-2018, 06:22 PM

great find, congrats, my dad was so disturbed by what he saw in the concentration camps when he returned home to brooklyn he burned all his uniforms, and they talk about PTSD today, as a side note my grandmother made him throw the 2 German pistols he brought back into the East river, he did keep his purple heart and a few other insignia, my daughter now has them on display in honor of her grand pop