Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2018, 03:06 PM

Default 2018 Games Roosevelt & Vintage Sniper

Interested in shooting the Roosevelt and Vintage Sniper matches this year, both on August 3, but I see the CMP has the Roosevelt on Rodriguez at 7 AM, and the Vintage Sniper squadding starts on Viale at 10:30, match at 11:30.
Not sure why they are not both on the same range, or spaced a bit further apart. Will CMP make accommodations for people that want to shoot both?
Old 02-22-2018, 06:24 PM

Good Question. Typically, CMP recognizes shooters needs and makes accommodations. I would point out that the Roosevelt Match has not drawn large numbers in the past. Whether this will shorten the time it takes to run four(??) relays or whether electronic targets might be used. ... My advice is to go ahead, sign up and then drop the burden of getting you to the VS match on CMP. That's what I'm going to do. Good Shooting. ...
Old 03-11-2018, 03:07 PM

My 4 person sniper team also plans on shooting in both matches that day.

I am sure that CMP will make allowances for people doing this to make the transition to the other range.

3 of 4 of us are Senior citizens, i.e. we don't run well with all our range gear .
Old 03-22-2018, 05:09 AM

It could work if they use the electric target system, no pit duty the match (sniper) would go faster . I plan to shoot the club games so I'll find out how the target system is working that should be neat.
Old 03-22-2018, 07:05 AM

The CMP Cup matches are on E-targets, but the Games matches are not. At least not this year. The CMP staff talked about using them for all of the National Matches in 2019