Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2018, 08:57 AM

Default Saturday Opening Report

There were 20 customers at opening and the racks were full. These were buyers not lookers and my numbers are after the opening rush. By 8:30 the opening wave had departed the store on the way to West Store looking for that gem..

SA 6 million, 1.

WRA SG 3, FG 2.

SA FG 17, RG 1.

HRA FG 4

IHC FG 11, RG 1

SA Correct Grade 2

Other rifles remain about the same.

Full box slings.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:33 AM

Thanks PH.
Old 04-21-2018, 02:53 PM

Default Saturday closing report

There were 50 rifles at closing and store wasn’t restocked.

SA FG 9

WRA SG 1, FG 2

HRA FG 3

IHC FG 14

SA Correct WWII 2

Other rifles remain about the same as Thursday’s opening.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
There were 65 rifles remaining at closing and no restock today.
You may have been misled on this Tom, I dropped in at 1 PM local time Friday and the racks were full, grabbed a WIN-13 with original barrel, a SG with mirror bright crisp bore. CMP aftermarket wood, but not unattractive.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:30 PM

Default Win-13

Congratulations on your find. I guess there was a restock that I wasn’t aware of after the morning rush because your rifle wasn’t present at opening for sure. And you know it would have been GONE!!! I guess the person I ask at counter wasn’t aware either that there had been a limited restock during the day... You were at the right place at the right time👍👍

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
You may have been misled on this Tom, I dropped in at 1 PM local time Friday and the racks were full, grabbed a WIN-13 with original barrel, a SG with mirror bright crisp bore. CMP aftermarket wood, but not unattractive.
Old 04-21-2018, 07:33 PM

Talking Nice trip to visit the South Store, the Range Store and then the South Store again

Tom,
Good seeing you again, as usual.
Paul, Mike and I did not find anything that really struck us at the South Store so ended up leaving at 8:30 and headed to the Range Store to see what they had.
Lot's of rifles to be sure. Most appeared to be Winchester but there was a few SA scattered in amongst them.
Paul quickly located a Rack Grade Win-13 with its original WRA barrel. Not bad at all for a Rack Grade with barrel readings of ME3+/TE5 and with a bright bore. Lucky guy is all I can say. Had I found it it would have gone home with me.
Before we left Paul also purchased one of the WWII Correct Grades. He had been on the lookout for an earlier rifle and finally found it. This one was a 2.2mil SA and was one of the nicest looking Correct Grade rifles I had seen in a while.
My buddy Mike found a 3.5mil SA with its original barrel and Turkish impacted finish. Nice enough rifle with a 2+ ME and wearing a red Hackberry stock. I think he could be talked out of that Hackberry stock pretty easy
A young man from New York purchased the one and only 1903-A3 Remington that was in the rack. It looked to be 100% correct and had a great bore and an ME of 1. Only down side was a little surface rust at the end of the barrel but it looked like it could clean up pretty good. Stock and the rest of the parts was excellent.
Me, no joy. I did not find anything in the serial range I was interested in so left without a purchase. Bummer
We went back to the South Store so we could pick out a few slings and see if maybe they were going to restock (Nope). I went back thru the racks hoping to find something that maybe was put back from the morning rush.
I did find a 5.4 HRA Field Grade that momentarily got my attention, but it had an SA barrel and just needed too much for me to take it as a project. I already have a really nice 5.4 HRA so no real need for that one. Someone will get it though. Hardly ever see that serial number range.
In the end, I left without a rifle purchase which is OK and expected if you are picky about finding something specific.

Already looking forward to my next trip down.

Rob
Old 04-22-2018, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
Very envious here.
The store reports keep a store visit on my mind.
Old 04-22-2018, 04:05 PM

Just pure luck, made a side trip to the store to break the boredom on my way to Tuscaloosa (annual A-Day Crimson vs White scrimmage).