Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2018, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage22410 View Post
Thanks again for all of the great responses and info. I'm incredibly excited for my first visit to the South store. Could someone confirm if you can choose and pay for your rifle in the store, but have them ship to save the 10% tax? Also, is 30-06 ammo fairly available and a fair deal there?
You can't ship home unless you have a plane ticket. Even then you still have to pay the tax. It didn't use to be that way, but the city cracked down on the CMP over the tax. I don't know if they have ammo is for sale, but if they do, it is unlikely to be surplus ammo. If they have any it will be new ammo at okay prices.

If you go, take the time to go to the Talladega Marksmanship Park. It is 20is minutes south west of there. It is without a doubt one of the best gun ranges you will ever see and it has the added benefit of having the CMPs third store. Lately referred to as the West store. I think the tax there is only 8%.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:11 PM

Default TMP tax

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
You can't ship home unless you have a plane ticket. Even then you still have to pay the tax. It didn't use to be that way, but the city cracked down on the CMP over the tax. I don't know if they have ammo is for sale, but if they do, it is unlikely to be surplus ammo. If they have any it will be new ammo at okay prices.

If you go, take the time to go to the Talladega Marksmanship Park. It is 20is minutes south west of there. It is without a doubt one of the best gun ranges you will ever see and it has the added benefit of having the CMPs third store. Lately referred to as the West store. I think the tax there is only 8%.
Tax is 7% at TMP and 10% at Anniston.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Tax is 7% at TMP and 10% at Anniston.
Even better.