Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2018, 10:52 AM

Default Hra

NICE rifle, good photos and thanks for the count...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckgunman View Post
A 5.7 HRA with original LMR barrel has found itself a new home from the West Store. I couldnt pass it up!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 10:59 AM

Will be down in July - looking forward to the trip, visit and just seeing the place and meeting the people there.
Been to Perry more times than I can count but have never seen the south store and although I have a really nice Garand that I got from CMP about 10 years ago it might be time to get another...who knows?
As always, thanks for the reports - they are greatly appreciated!
Old 06-14-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
If nothing reaches out to me at the South Store, my wife and I were going to head to Talledega!
I am thinking that the tax at the West store is less (8.25% ?), so you can save a few bucks buying there.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
I am thinking that the tax at the West store is less (8.25% ?), so you can save a few bucks buying there.
7%, so yes, you do save enough money for supper!!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 06-14-2018, 12:24 PM

Which ever store I end up at, I will be wearing an olive drab tee-shirt with a Winchester heel stamp on it... provided it still fits me.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-14-2018, 12:49 PM

Do the South Store S/F/Rs all display the brownish-grey "Turk tarnish"? Are any DoD rifles available in a nice attractive armory/arsenal finish/refinish?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:04 PM

I drove from Tuscaloosa/Northport area to have a shot at the five digit. I was second in door but the young man from Ohio beat me to it. He said he wasn't looking for it but he found it. I was in the store and headed back home by 8:30 AM. Maybe I will luck out one of these days.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:24 PM

Default 5 digit

When he picked it up I asks if he was from Tuscaloosa, I was guessing it was you... He then told me he was from Ohio. Maybe there will be another soon..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbutler View Post
I drove from Tuscaloosa/Northport area to have a shot at the five digit. I was second in door but the young man from Ohio beat me to it. He said he wasn't looking for it but he found it. I was in the store and headed back home by 8:30 AM. Maybe I will luck out one of these days.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:35 PM

Default Thursday closing report

There were 64 rifles remaining at closing and the racks werenít restocked today.

Question ask about the finish on most current rifles at South Store? Generally speaking most of the RG/FG/SG appear to be Turkish returns, BUT there are a few that appear based upon finish to havenít been to Turkey. It is my understanding that there may be a transition from Turkish rifles to Philippine rifles in the not to distant future.... Thatís all I know about it at this time...

CMP Specials, Rack grade and WRA FGís were hit pretty hard today. Other rifles remain about the same.

Restock tomorrow should be about the same inventory types as today.

1/2 box cotton slings.

Good luck on your searches.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:52 PM

5 digits aren't as hard to come by as you'd think. I have two that I got from the South Store. I saw two last week. There is one for sale on the forum now. There have been several for sale on the forum and gunbroker over the last year. One on gunbroker was pretty nice and it went for only $800. I was tracking the serial numbers of 5 digits rifles and their selling price for a while, but stopped when I concluded that they weren't that hard to come by and there wasn't a super high premium for them...unless you find one without the 7th round modification.