Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2015, 10:51 AM

Default Interchangeable Stock legal in Rimfire Sporter?

In Rimfire Sporter, adjustable stocks are clearly illegal. Would an interchangeable stock (specifically the one found on the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary and the Ruger American Rimfire) be considered adjustable? In my opinion, this is a non-adjustable stock that happens to be made up of two pieces. As long as the shooter does not remove the "back" of the stock and replace it with a different one, no adjustments have been made.

I'm not trying to gain an advantage, just trying to use what I have and save a few dollars. Thanks!
Old 01-01-2018, 11:11 AM

Default same question any answer?

Did you get an answer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedievalEngineer View Post
In Rimfire Sporter, adjustable stocks are clearly illegal. Would an interchangeable stock (specifically the one found on the Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary and the Ruger American Rimfire) be considered adjustable? In my opinion, this is a non-adjustable stock that happens to be made up of two pieces. As long as the shooter does not remove the "back" of the stock and replace it with a different one, no adjustments have been made.

I'm not trying to gain an advantage, just trying to use what I have and save a few dollars. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 06:02 AM

I have seen these clear inspection at National Rimfire (Camp Perry). It would be my opinion (not that my opinion matters) that these are not "adjustable", specifically not adjustable like a competition stock, and are within the spirit of the rules. No different than changing stocks, or cutting down a stock, to fit the shooter.
Old 01-03-2018, 11:10 PM

Default Thanks

Thanks