Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2017, 05:12 AM

Default Willing Resignation & NRA back to Perry 2018

Developments posted on
http://www.usrifleteams.com/forums/i...opic=34144&hl=

The latest news RE NRA Matches: Dennis Willing announced his resignation yesterday. Denny is the NRA Competitions Director. Also the NRA will only be at Atterbury this year. All matches moving back to Perry in 2018. Plus they will be run by CMP.

Quotes from the shooters forum. These are connected people. Walt Walters "Jet Jock" is on the NRA BOD. Shawn Agne worked closely with Willing to implement the Atterbury effort.

"FYI, I have resigned from the NRA effective 4/11/17.

It's been great working and competing with you these many years.

This is my decision. It's time to retire. It's also short notice because the selling of my current home in Virginia and the buying of a new home in Michigan occurred at a rapid pace and changed my original plans of leaving in late April.

Best wishes and good shooting.

Denny"

posted by Jet Jock

"The NRA Nationals will be shot at Camp Atterbury in 2017 then in 2018 the NRA Nationals along with Pistol and Smallbore will be fired at Camp Perry. I am getting the 2018/2019/2020 calendars tomorrow and I will post....

posted by Shawn Agne"
Old 03-31-2017, 11:37 AM

Wow!!! I don't know what to say. This year will be one for the books. Not only did this make a mess of the shooting community, but it put us in position you can shoot one or the other. I think the NRA lost big time, CMP on the other hand in a short time tried to sure-up the schedule with the loss of the NRA. The only fly in the ointment was letting NRA pistol shoot between rifle games and the CMP National Matches. I wood like to see what the participation at this year NRA matches will be compare to last year. Look like we will have a lot to think about what the schedule be next year.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:24 PM

This whole sport has almost completely unraveled in the last 1.5 years. NRA only cares about politics. CMP only cares about money. Neither care about the competitor/customer.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:15 PM

As previously stated by a fellow shooter on another forum: "When mommy and daddy divorce it always the kids who suffer."
Vic
Old 03-31-2017, 03:34 PM

Our sport and its tradition is circling the bowl in a hurry
Old 03-31-2017, 03:41 PM

Neither the NRA nor the CMP "make" or "break" high power. They just provide the framework. We, the competitors, match directors and clubs, make it what it is. Don't like it, drive change. Make change that makes sense to everyone not just your interests.

Aside from the warranted rules heartburn (a mess on both fronts) nothing has changed except that NRA decided to go to atterbury and now the NRA has decided to kinda hand HP @ NM back over to CMP.

NONE of this really effects state championships, regional matches or every day matches.
Distinguished Rifleman #2297
CMP GSM Master Instructor
NRA Certified RSO
CMP HP Rifle RO
Old 03-31-2017, 04:26 PM

It is a lot to do about one set of matches. 51 other weeks in a year.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:14 PM

Default Resignation

So who is taking over Dennis Willings position?
Old 04-02-2017, 09:19 AM

I wonder what really happened to cause the departure and return of the NRA matches?
Old 04-02-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
This whole sport has almost completely unraveled in the last 1.5 years. NRA only cares about politics. CMP only cares about money. Neither care about the competitor/customer.
Why don't you read this. http://thecmp.org/about/ The CMP has amassed a large amount of money from selling surplus rifles which is exactly what they were supposed to do in order to become self sustaining in their goals. To say they only care about money is ridiculous. What is your idea on how to raise money for their objectives? Maybe charge three or four or more times the fees to shoot in matches?

I'd sure like to know what you would do. How would you pay for the new range? You couldn't without all the money they raised by selling these rifles. Everyone has benefited by these sales and now the CMP has something to show for it for probably forever. They have a fair amount of my money and I have a decent collection for it. I'm very happy. Sorry you think they should be giving this stuff away for peanuts and then have nothing to show for it. Can't believe your statement at all re CMP.