Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2017, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnho View Post
Why don't you read this. http://thecmp.org/about/ The CMP has amassed a large amount of money from selling surplus rifles which is exactly what they were supposed to do in order to become self sustaining in their goals. To say they only care about money is ridiculous.
I've read it. I'm far from the first to make that observation. I'm not talking about collecting and surplus sales. They should sell what they've been given for as much as they can get.

Last edited by missilegeek; 04-02-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2017, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
So who is taking over Dennis Willing position?
No official word or even no rumors.
It still up in the air if the military will now allow the Nationals to be held for just one year. May even take the Governor's authorization.
Vic
Old 04-12-2017, 08:17 PM

Default High power championships

April issue of American Rifleman,page 30.Says that 2017 HP will be in Indiana,as we all know.
There is no mention of it going back to Camp Perry.
Unless it's under "Check with ssusa.org"for latest NRA National Matches updates.
Nor does it mention Dennis Willing retirement.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
April issue of American Rifleman,page 30.Says that 2017 HP will be in Indiana,as we all know.
There is no mention of it going back to Camp Perry.
Unless it's under "Check with ssusa.org"for latest NRA National Matches updates.
Nor does it mention Dennis Willing retirement.
AR would have gone to print long before the decision was made. This was sudden. The people reporting it are credible.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:04 PM

I don't think the NRA will be coming back to Camp Perry. Like anything, you sign a multi year contract to use these facilities. If you look at 2017 schedule before the move all NRA matches were going to be run from June 29 thru July 14 that included pistol, long range, an high power rifle. Had the NRA taken the pistol matches too then the CMP matches would not have been separated.

CMP is going next year, to have pistol, small bore, long range, rifle HP, and fun matches. What ever was lost by the leaving of NRA is going to be replaced.

If you feel I'm mistaken please reply.
Old 04-13-2017, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-IOWAN View Post
I don't think the NRA will be coming back to Camp Perry. Like anything, you sign a multi year contract to use these facilities. If you look at 2017 schedule before the move all NRA matches were going to be run from June 29 thru July 14 that included pistol, long range, an high power rifle. Had the NRA taken the pistol matches too then the CMP matches would not have been separated.

CMP is going next year, to have pistol, small bore, long range, rifle HP, and fun matches. What ever was lost by the leaving of NRA is going to be replaced.

If you feel I'm mistaken please reply.
While the signal-to-noise ratio is high, the people who have brought this to our attention (in the usrifleteams thread) are either on the NRA BoD or heavily involved with the move to Atterbury. Alan Cors (or some other NRA Exec) apparently overrode the HP Committee and Board of Directors to give CMP a contract to operate the NRA matches starting in 2018. No bids. Whether or not that is consistent with the bylaws of the NRA are a question, but Mr Cors is the outgoing NRA President and I guess he gets to bring a "win" back to the CMP BoD.

By doing this, NRA has likely burned any bridges they may have with Atterbury and the 2017 matches might - just might - indeed by canceled.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:13 PM

So who are the “Mystery Panel” that make the executive decisions for the Competitions Department?
The NRA Silhouette Is going through these same kind of changes.No explanations or by whom made the decisions.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootsy View Post
Neither the NRA nor the CMP "make" or "break" high power. They just provide the framework. We, the competitors, match directors and clubs, make it what it is. Don't like it, drive change. Make change that makes sense to everyone not just your interests.

Aside from the warranted rules heartburn (a mess on both fronts) nothing has changed except that NRA decided to go to atterbury and now the NRA has decided to kinda hand HP @ NM back over to CMP.

NONE of this really effects state championships, regional matches or every day matches.
+1
Old 03-13-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missilegeek View Post
This whole sport has almost completely unraveled in the last 1.5 years. NRA only cares about politics. CMP only cares about money. Neither care about the competitor/customer.
Absolutely not true... The CMP is very accommodating to its competitors.. I can say that first hand..

When I had my heart attach right before the matches in 2015 I contacted them asking what my options were and they promptly refunded my money and even sent me an email asking how I was doing..
Old 03-13-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Chaos View Post
Absolutely not true... The CMP is very accommodating to its competitors.. I can say that first hand..

When I had my heart attach right before the matches in 2015 I contacted them asking what my options were and they promptly refunded my money and even sent me an email asking how I was doing..
That's not even remotely what I was referring to. Take a look at the Monard fiasco. Take a look at the KTS target nonsense (blaming the competitors for their own technical problems for 3 years on).

Note that NRA is not giving Highpower to the CMP. That nonsense was based on something Willing said on the way out the door, apparently. The subject of this thread has been overcome by events.

The divorce between the two appears to be final. When egos (to be polite) collide, I guess.

Last edited by missilegeek; 03-13-2018 at 05:05 PM.