Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default 2018 National Match Schedule

Here's the schedule for 2018 - http://thecmp.org/wp-content/uploads...pdf?ver=072817

* Please Note: There is a week of CMP Smallbore and CMP Long Range Matches added. We'll have more information regarding these new matches soon.

* The Springfield M1A Match has been moved to Sunday, Aug 5th.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:34 PM

Default 2018

I don't seem to be able to make the Springfield and Vintage,M1 and M1A matches fit on the two different ranges.
Both bolt guns on one range one day and both semi auto guns on another day same range works better.
I thought that worked well this year.
Sunday you would have to shoot a bolt rifle on Viale am then move to Rodriguez for the M1 A match.
Anyone else have this figured out without switching ranges.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:04 PM

I have to agree. It went down real nice this year, even with the delay. CMP did a great job changing from 200 to 300 yards. We had the evening to prep for the bolt guns. If it stays like this I'm afraid we will be leaving the M1A's at home.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:23 PM

Default M1A match 2018

I sent an email to the powers that be about this and no response as yet.
Please send an email of your own to CMP if you see this as a conflict.
It's not very convenient to move from Viale to Rodriguez.
I hope I am interpreting the match scheduling correctly.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:46 PM

It just seems funny that two large matches are slotted for the same day (M1A and Vintage), and then two small matches are slotted together (Roosevelt and Sniper) on Friday.

Last year M1A had 330 shooters, while Roosevelt didn't break 100. Perhaps due to the lack of Krags and 1903's still in circulation?

I am sure that SA has a lot to say about where their match goes, and wants it on the weekend, rather than Friday.

Frankly, I prefer this to Rev1, with JC Garand and M1A on same day. Some on my team will only shoot a single match each day, and were choosing between the Garand and M1A. They were letting the SA match go.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:23 PM

Roosevelt Match has been held on a week day after everything else was over. There were more this year and if it is held next year on friday as planned, the participation will increase greatly. CMP's shedule or choice of new matches will never please everyone. Good Shooting. ....

Last edited by ceresco; 08-24-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:45 PM

Default Roosevelt match

According to the posted schedule on August 3 if Vintage Sniper match is at 10:00,what range and when is the Roosevelt match?
Old 08-24-2017, 09:29 PM

I read somewhere CMP expects to use electronic targets at Perry in 2018 (next year). And I hear lots of CMP employees say they expect matches are going to go a lot faster with the electronic targets (no pit changes). Maybe the schedule is anticipating the faster match times using electronic targets.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
According to the posted schedule on August 3 if Vintage Sniper match is at 10:00,what range and when is the Roosevelt match?
Games matches typically start at 0530 unless otherwise stated, e.g., Vintage Sniper at 1000. This is still in draft form and likely will see some changes.
Vic
Old 08-25-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j634 View Post
I read somewhere CMP expects to use electronic targets at Perry in 2018 (next year). And I hear lots of CMP employees say they expect matches are going to go a lot faster with the electronic targets (no pit changes). Maybe the schedule is anticipating the faster match times using electronic targets.
I'm all for it! Currently the calendar draft only shows the CMP Cup matches using electronic, as denoted by "(KTS)".
Vic