Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2017, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know whether you have actually participated in any Games events, so bear with me if you have. The various matches (Garand match, Springfield match, Vintage match, MM match, etc.) are not fired all at once. In each relay, some shooters will be firing a Garand match, and others will be firing a Springfield match or a Vintage match or a Modern Military match. Which match you fire is entirely dependent on which match box you check on the score card. So if you want to fire an M1 in several matches, you just check the 1st Re-entry box or the 2nd Re-entry box, etc., when you fill in the score card. You can shoot the same rifle on every relay if that is what you want to do.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 12-27-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeks View Post
As a guy that owns an M1 but not a bolt gun, that proposed change would give me another opportunity to shoot. I wouldn't expect the m1 to be very competitive but it would be fun anyway.
Actually I would think the M1 would be excluded from the "vintage semi" class as the Garand already has it's own class. As would the Carbine.

The "vintage semi" class would be for all the WW2- Korean war era semi's such as FN49, G41, G43, SVT, AG42, Hakim, MAS 44 or 49/56, Semi-BAR and the new german semi clones of the FG-42 and Stg44 etc.

Also for those firing the M1941 Johnson it would no longer be in the Garand match but in the "Vintage semi".

Calibers 5.56, 7.62x369 and 7.62x51 not allowed for Vintage semi..those calibers would be in MM.

Just my humble suggestion to get the vintage semis away from the "modern" ones...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/654109364964194/ CMP Travel Games FB Group