Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2018, 07:51 PM

If you have followed the conversations, you know that the lack of consistency (and competency) at inspections is part of the problem. If you are having problems, I suggest pressing the issue and asking for a senior armorer or the match director. There are some real horror stories. Last summer an "inspector" removed the stock from a sniper rifle and DQed a drill rifle, 1903 1941 USMC repro.......before the match. I built the rifle. It passed inspection the year before and there was nothing wrong with it. Good Shooting. ...
Old 01-18-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrdg1 View Post
I think that's how it started out (original intent), but it has morphed into something totally different, at least for the AR equipment group.
I could not agree more. The camel stuck his nose under the tent and the rest is history.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
If you have followed the conversations, you know that the lack of consistency (and competency) at inspections is part of the problem. If you are having problems, I suggest pressing the issue and asking for a senior armorer or the match director. There are some real horror stories. Last summer an "inspector" removed the stock from a sniper rifle and DQed a drill rifle, 1903 1941 USMC repro.......before the match. I built the rifle. It passed inspection the year before and there was nothing wrong with it. Good Shooting. ...
I donít think a rifle should be torn down prior to competing unless itís to fix a trigger that does not make weight,or some obvious item like exposed bedding compound.
If rifle is questioned it could be examined after the match if score deemed it necessary.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:02 AM

I also had a sniper rifle dq for Trigger weight which was repaired by the armored only to find out that they were using the 3.5 weight initially.My fault in not noticing,thinking they knew what they were doing.Spring was replaced with a 3.5.Mine was a 2.5.I have left it that way as it made no noticeable difference.
I would like to see the weights marked say white 2.5,red 3.5 and yellow 4.5
Or some such variation so itís obvious what is being applied.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBGood View Post
I donít think a rifle should be torn down prior to competing unless itís to fix a trigger that does not make weight,or some obvious item like exposed bedding compound.
If rifle is questioned it could be examined after the match if score deemed it necessary.
Exactly!
When I show up for a match my rifles are clean, lubed, barrel fouled and settled into the stock. Inspector or MD is welcome to tear down any rifle i shoot AFTER the match.

Keith

Keith Schachle

Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2287
NRA XTC Service Rifle- High Master
NRA Midrange - High Master
CMP XTC Service Rifle - Master
CMP Master Instructor
Almost Perfect Attendance in the 3rd grade
Old 03-30-2018, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carriec View Post
Want a real match? Let CMP prepare the rifles in class "legal" condition then draw by lots. Just like IROC. That would at least nominally spank the gamers.
Like the M16 EIC used to be, except all the guns work?
Distinguished Rifleman #2223
"Technique isn't something that can be taught. It's something you find on your own." - Bunta Fujiwara
Old 03-30-2018, 06:35 AM

Like a lot of things, the principles are often sound but the execution is flawed. No guarantees but death and taxes, right? Could always use rules like we had in "claim racing" back in the day. Gamers would really love that.