Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > CMP Rules
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-24-2018, 07:17 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,551
Default Modern military M1a clip load for rapids

During the rapids for M1a in modern mil can you load 5 and 5 clip fed.?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2018, 08:02 PM
wckz45 wckz45 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 63
Default

5.4.4 Loading Procedures

g) Rapid-Fire, Modern Military Rifles. After competitors stand and are given the command LOAD, they must first close the bolt on an empty chamber and then insert a magazine with two rounds; competitors may not chamber a round while standing.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2018, 08:03 PM
OSU1986 OSU1986 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ohio
Posts: 264
Default

At the match last year we were told ,it could be 2 and 8 or 5 and 5.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2018, 09:12 PM
CDRT CDRT is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Texas Panhandle
Posts: 1,793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1911 View Post
During the rapids for M1a in modern mil can you load 5 and 5 clip fed.?
If you are asking, can you load the second five with a stripper clip, the answer is no. You have to use a second magazine.
__________________
Navy Vet, Distinguished Pistol, TSRA Conventional Pistol Match Director
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2018, 09:29 PM
ceresco ceresco is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,103
Default

I don't believe it matters. I am quite sure that as long as you start with the bolt closed on an empty chamber, no one is going to care how you handle the reloading once the 80 second clock starts. There are a lot of MM rifles and no special rules for the M1A. I don't have two magazines for my Lungman or MAS and would have no hesitation using them with chargers in a MM match. However......IMO, two mags is much more reliable with a M14 type than a stripper, unless you practice a lot. Good Shooting. ..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2018, 11:12 PM
BuddyBGood BuddyBGood is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NW Pa.
Posts: 1,015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wckz45 View Post
5.4.4 Loading Procedures

g) Rapid-Fire, Modern Military Rifles. After competitors stand and are given the command LOAD, they must first close the bolt on an empty chamber and then insert a magazine with two rounds; competitors may not chamber a round while standing.
Rules are rules no matter who said to the contrary.
Carbine is the only one that does 5&5 with magazines.
Except bolt guns and stripper clips.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2018, 03:39 PM
rickgman rickgman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 915
Default

I favor 2 and 8 because it is easy to know exactly when to load the second magazine without having to pay much attention.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2018, 09:13 PM
ceresco ceresco is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,103
Default

Now that we are told that .308 M1s have always been legal for MM.....let's see how you "first close the bolt and then insert a magazine with two rounds" Rule 5.4.4 (g)...... gosh...forgot you could remove the trigger group....still wouldn't be a "magazine" though..... Not good enough?? The SKS is listed on the weight list for MM. It has a ten round internal box magazine...not removable. Then read 5.4.4 (h) it mentions "charging a non removable magazine". Good Shooting....

Last edited by ceresco; 02-25-2018 at 09:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2018, 01:24 PM
mac1911 mac1911 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
Now that we are told that .308 M1s have always been legal for MM.....let's see how you "first close the bolt and then insert a magazine with two rounds" Rule 5.4.4 (g)...... gosh...forgot you could remove the trigger group....still wouldn't be a "magazine" though..... Not good enough?? The SKS is listed on the weight list for MM. It has a ten round internal box magazine...not removable. Then read 5.4.4 (h) it mentions "charging a non removable magazine". Good Shooting....
I want to treat the M1a as a none removable mag, load 5 by clip over ride round and close bolt then load 5 from clip.
Its a local match and if I do get my hands on the M1a by then I will report back on how i did loading with clips....the match director can decide if I can shoot for the trinkets.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-27-2018, 01:36 PM
ceresco ceresco is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7,103
Default

Tell the match director that your M1A only came with one magazine...... Your thinking is completely in line with the "intent" of the rules. Good Shooting. ...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.