Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 04:24 AM

Default Deleting Adds #Big_Red

If the moderators are going to delete an add in the market place for nitnoid reasons (example last name not in your profile) there should be a courtesy message sent notifying the user instead of their thread just disappearing. It wasn't until I reposted my adds that I was contacted my a mod.

My last name was in the add itself. I've been selling on here since 2010 which was before last names were required.

Put your big moderator key board warrior skills to some use and approve all the people trying to join this website.

#Big_Red

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2018, 07:26 AM
Banned

#goodluckwiththat
Old 03-19-2018, 08:36 AM
Banned

I had the same Issue with the same one, I had no idea my last name was not on my profile that must be what he is on the warpath about this week, So Boys and Girls now let's all check our profiles for your names before you to get a delete and a love note,I wonder what next weeks crime will be? lol
Old 03-19-2018, 08:59 AM

Location: Auburn, CA. in the Sierra-Nevada Foothills on the way to Reno
Default Big Red

I did not know he ever got off his war path
Old 03-19-2018, 09:17 AM

Personally, if I was a moderator here (and I am on other forums), your remarks would probably not encourage me to help you.

#1 - they do this for no pay

#2 For one thing - say you have 16 'people' who can't read the rules and then complain that their items got deleted - since it states in the rules (from about 2 or 3 yrs ago!) and infact is in large, bold letters, at the top of that page, READ THIS, then, a bit hard to feel sorry for you.

#3 - shooting an email or PM to each person, waiting a day, hoping they update it - is friggin useless - 98% of the people ignore the PM or never get it (supposedly) and waiting for another day, triples the amount of work.

#4 - see #1

Last edited by weimar_police; 03-19-2018 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25Cleve34 View Post
I did not know he ever got off his war path
As a mod, Big_Red has lots of hats and issues to look at.

The rules are there for members in the marketplace. It is not his job to make sure you read the rules.

On another note, if you see a member that needs to update their profile, you will help them out with a PM letting them know of the rules and where they are. You will make more friends that way, than bashing Big_Red for your lack of following the rules.

Rig_Red is a great asset to our forum, and he works for free when he has time and his own life is not in the way. He has helped me many times over the years. And yes, he cleans up or deletes some of my post when I get borderline. And I understand that he does not send a PM for everyone of his actions.

I don't see anyone posting in this thread that would make a good mod. Including me.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241

Last edited by Kansas Poster; 03-19-2018 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-19-2018, 09:41 AM

Courtesy. It's the premise for adult interaction. Ipso facto, a simple message saying "update or I'll delete" is appropriate.

Especially if the user been buying and selling FOR 8 YEARS. Without any issues.

That's great he volunteers to moderate a forum. I will criticize the manner in which he does it if he doesn't behave like a professional.

Bill

Old 03-19-2018, 09:46 AM

Also, I shouldn't have to post PII publically. I think requiring sellers to post an email address with their add serves to prevent scams and supports the legitimacy of an add.

Bill

Old 03-19-2018, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22shooter View Post
Also, I shouldn't have to post PII publically. I think requiring sellers to post an email address with their add serves to prevent scams and supports the legitimacy of an add.

Bill

The rules are the rules. Follow them or don't use the marketplace.

BTW: Email address is not required to be puplically posted in your ad. Your email address is not available for anyone if you don't give it to them. You can send me an email, but you will not see mine, unless I email you back direct. Nice feature.

And it is not a good idea to put your email out on the forum, even the scammers can see it then when they are not members.

Speaking of scammers, that is another thing Big_Red looks out for us. They try to become members, and he is able to stop a lot of them.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 03-19-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas Poster View Post
As a mod, Big_Red has lots of hats and issues to look at.

The rules are there for members in the marketplace. It is not his job to make sure you read the rules.

On another note, if you see a member that needs to update their profile, you will help them out with a PM letting them know of the rules and where they are. You will make more friends that way, than bashing Big_Red for your lack of following the rules.

Rig_Red is a great asset to our forum, and he works for free when he has time and his own life is not in the way. He has helped me many times over the years. And yes, he cleans up or deletes some of my post when I get borderline. And I understand that he does not send a PM for everyone of his actions.

I don't see anyone posting in this thread that would make a good mod. Including me.
I'll go with Kansas on this one. There is no way to make everyone happy here. I have never seen Big_Red play favorites or be vindictive to anyone.

This is a good forum, but there are rules that have to be followed. I read a heck of a lot more threads and posts here than I ever make myself. Some of them can get pretty testy, or just give out plain wrong information. This forces the Moderator's to step in. Maybe if we all acted like we were in the same room with other forum members, we would have less need for Moderator's. Just saying.

IMHO, It really doesn't matter how long any of us have been doing things or if we don't have bad intent. The rules were put into place because even adults can fall short of doing the right thing.

The other thing that folks have to remember here is that while the Market Place is a plus on this forum, it has been on thin ice for quite a while as it sometimes creates more problems for Administration than it is worth. The Moderator's have neither the time or patience to deal with issues regarding buying and selling. Just a word to the wise.

Last edited by GM1MAN; 03-19-2018 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added info.
Closed Thread