Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > Feedback
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM

Maybe if you were a member here a little longer, you would know what they do by reading the amount of posts they have to make riding herd over all of us.

That being said, e mail Mark Johnson and ask him if you can become a moderator and fix things around here.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:48 PM

It never ceases to amaze me how someone will not spend 5 minutes to read and follow the simple posting rules, however will spend the rest of the day with their panties in a bunch aruging their misguided grievances.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpowerbbrad View Post
Someone acting like a jerk is very different than taking 8 seconds to send someone a PM on why their ad got deleted
Acting like a jerk means different things to different people. It is all based on personal perspective. Like a friend of mine always says, You think people's views on a given subject are odd only if they differ from your views.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1MAN View Post
Maybe if you were a member here a little longer, you would know what they do by reading the amount of posts they have to make riding herd over all of us.

That being said, e mail Mark Johnson and ask him if you can become a moderator and fix things around here.

Dont let the join date fool you, Ive been around longer than you think

They dont have to read every single post and Id almost guarantee they dont. They get reported posts when someone reports someone else. So again, where is all the time spent.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
Exactly were not in the right group of Big Red Cheerleaders so we get pounded by him while they point out every little mistake anyone makes,soon as these people see something they don't like they run and squeal to Big Red and have him take care of whatever it is it someones not put their the last name on something or they made a mistake and next thing you know you get a point for this or that ,We all know who the boss is thats been shown to us all quite well,All we want to do is continue to post on here and read and help each other with out being harrassed about every little thing such as how you worded something or how you said something that rubbed someone the wrong way then they run to Big Red and make it an issue Right Kansas Poster your one of them that runs to him every chance you get on people.Just keep stirrin the pot just like your unconstructive negative posts you just made on here rather than try and help people you just want to tell there to read the rules and obey or get out,Well not everyone can remember every single word in the rules were here to contribute and make a very informative forum where people can learn and enjoy,Not have to worrie about a bunch of people who just want to lop heads off and back stab other fellow members of this forum like you just did me something I have never done to you as I dont even know you or talk to you and at this point in time I dont even desire to know someone as negative as you are in your posts you just made on here.Some of you who think your hot shots on here just love to belittle others who do not know quite as much as you do and its getting quite sickening some of the short snotty comments that are made.
Thank you for providing an excellent example of "unconstructive negative posts".

Now that you have provided this example of what not to do, enjoy the rest of your day.

"Life is Good!"
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .22shooter View Post
Invoking the idea that courtesy goes a long way is something people can all people agree with.

I have no idea who smal is or why he such contempt for the moderator.

Judging by the quality of your posting I highly doubt you know much about holding down a profession or job.

Bill

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk
Good luck attacking a poster like that. I guess "he started it"......
May want to proof your own reply.

Here's the thing: Ads are deleted if the rules are violated. You feel like that is disrespectful; no problem. But there are threads over the years showing that it won't change. As many have explained (not justified, simply explained) And I don't know a polite way to delete a thread, perhaps someone can provide one?

Bottom line, the rule is here, it has been for years, and the corrective action is also well explained. You don't have to like it, and I can't say I do, but at the end of the day, I don't really care, and that works for me. Especially once I learned the history.

There are many milsurp forums. With some I am "read only", some I participate.
There are many I prefer to avoid; they simply do not meet my needs or match my personality. I see no need to make them something they aren't.

I have seen moderation actions here, and elsewhere that I didn't agree with. Some caused me to move on, others I remembered that the internet often transmits emotion that didn't exist with the sender, as well as the keyboard kommando mentality of meanness from a "position of right".

But consider this: How many marketplace posts are deleted for the same thing, perhaps moderators, like some in this thread, choose to not repeat the same thing when, at the end of the day, it's simply not up for debate?
They delete posts with no PM. Yes, some would like a PM, but it's clear they have no requirement to do so. There it is. That too is not up for debate.

JH
Old 03-19-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
If I get it for speaking the truth because other people brought it up and I feel I have been treated that same way then fine that's whats wrong here, little threats like that from you to other members Kansas it's a shame because you are a knowledgeable person just not very polite or nice
And another example of "unconstructive negative posts".

Man, you are on a roll!

What is it - eleven posts in one thread - most consecutive (sounds like stream of consciousness posting). All but maybe one superb examples of "unconstructive negative posts". Is that a record?

You go girl!

"Life is Good!"
Old 03-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

The rules for using the classifieds are the same now as they were in 2010. Nothing has changed.

At the very top of each subform in the classifieds you will see a link that says **READ THIS**. In that link you will find the complete list of all the rules. If your ad was deleted and you weren't notified then I apologize. We simply do not have the time to contact each individual who's ad does not meet the profile requirements. We do expect members to at least know the rules before they start posting. It's not an unreasonable request. On that note we are closing this one down.