Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2018, 10:33 AM

Default Flying in to South Store

All,

I am being Sent to Huntsville to do some work. I Will be flying into Huntsville and getting a rental car. Currently I am thinking about playing hookie Thursday morning and driving down to the South Store to look over what i can get. I have verified my paperwork is current and good to go.

So my question is, if I buy something, will they ship it to my house for me, or do I have to figure this out on my own? I have flown with guns before, so I know that route if I have too, but since I am flying for work I would rather not do that. I thought I had heard that if you show them a plane ticket they will ship for you, but that was a side mention a while ago. Want to get something a little more firm then a recalled comment from a while ago.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:34 AM

Default Flying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
All,

I am being Sent to Huntsville to do some work. I Will be flying into Huntsville and getting a rental car. Currently I am thinking about playing hookie Thursday morning and driving down to the South Store to look over what i can get. I have verified my paperwork is current and good to go.

So my question is, if I buy something, will they ship it to my house for me, or do I have to figure this out on my own? I have flown with guns before, so I know that route if I have too, but since I am flying for work I would rather not do that. I thought I had heard that if you show them a plane ticket they will ship for you, but that was a side mention a while ago. Want to get something a little more firm then a recalled comment from a while ago.
If you show them your plane ticket they will ship to your house....
Old 04-06-2018, 10:39 AM

And I believe you will not pay sales tax if your flying. A 10% savings so you can buy more.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanyz View Post
And I believe you will not pay sales tax if your flying. A 10% savings so you can buy more.
You need to pay taxes either way. I fly into the South Store area for work. If I buy a rifle, I have to pay the taxes (been that way since February 2017), show my flight info on my phone, and they ship the rifle.
Old 04-09-2018, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten View Post
You need to pay taxes either way. I fly into the South Store area for work. If I buy a rifle, I have to pay the taxes (been that way since February 2017), show my flight info on my phone, and they ship the rifle.
A wrinkle I had not thought of, the ticket on the phone, good look out. Thanks everyone for the advice. Feel better about getting up really early so I can drive down to be there at open and be part of the merry line of note when the doors swing wide. Hopefully I can meet the world famous PH68 and get some help finding something tasty
Old 04-09-2018, 06:34 AM

Default Visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mturner23462 View Post
A wrinkle I had not thought of, the ticket on the phone, good look out. Thanks everyone for the advice. Feel better about getting up really early so I can drive down to be there at open and be part of the merry line of note when the doors swing wide. Hopefully I can meet the world famous PH68 and get some help finding something tasty
Hopefully all goes well with you store visit and I would be glad to lend a hand in helping you find a gem in the store. Look forward to meeting you.
Old 04-09-2018, 05:43 PM

Default been there done that

Don't be tempted to go straight south out of Huntsville. 5,287 stop lights going across the lakes etc. go back west to the Interstate, turn south, go to Birmingham and turn left

Highway numbers are a brain fart without looking at a map but that outta give you the picture

Trust me on that one
Old 04-10-2018, 12:22 AM

431 isn't so bad.

Be sure to visit Larry's pistol and pawn in Huntsville while here.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehoot View Post
431 isn't so bad.

Be sure to visit Larry's pistol and pawn in Huntsville while here.
I will, I will be in the area for a couple weeks it looks like working overtime but with the weekends free to spend it!
Old 04-12-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH68 View Post
Hopefully all goes well with you store visit and I would be glad to lend a hand in helping you find a gem in the store. Look forward to meeting you.
You can count on me taking you up on that offer. It would actually be an honor to have something you helped select!