Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Matches - Camp Perry
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2018, 04:46 AM
Digital_Chaos Digital_Chaos is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pickerington Ohio
Posts: 270
Default R. Lee Ermey has passed away

Since he was regular at the national matches I jut thought I would post it..

Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:

It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us.

Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-18-2018, 11:59 AM
Twinson Twinson is online now
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 1,361
Default

It sure won't be the same there without him. He will be missed.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-18-2018, 04:23 PM
Danny Danny is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Chaos View Post
Since he was regular at the national matches I jut thought I would post it..

Statement from R. Lee Ermey's long time manager, Bill Rogin:

It is with deep sadness that I regret to inform you all that R. Lee Ermey ("The Gunny") passed away this morning from complications of pneumonia. He will be greatly missed by all of us.

Semper Fi, Gunny. Godspeed.

I am on Creedoor Sports' email list. I thought for sure that they would mention his unfortunate passing. Not one mention of him passing.

Danny
__________________
Looking for Rifles:
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.

Harrington &Richardson 5,549,399.

I would drive right past the CMP "shoots" at Camp Perry to attend the National Matches.
"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts that you buy that they come to take back later on.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:02 PM
Dusty31 Dusty31 is online now
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 512
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I am on Creedoor Sports' email list. I thought for sure that they would mention his unfortunate passing. Not one mention of him passing.

Danny
I noticed the same thing. Also noticed they still sell their ammo with his picture on the box.....

Maybe they're still working on a fitting trubute.....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-18-2018, 09:04 PM
Danny Danny is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty31 View Post
I noticed the same thing. Also noticed they still sell their ammo with his picture on the box.....

Maybe they're still working on a fitting trubute.....
Let's hope so.

Danny
__________________
Looking for Rifles:
Springfield Armory 5,940,259, 5,840,184, 4,238,435 and 2,023,912.

Harrington &Richardson 5,549,399.

I would drive right past the CMP "shoots" at Camp Perry to attend the National Matches.
"REPO" M1 Parts: The parts that you buy that they come to take back later on.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.