Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2018, 11:37 AM

Well, since I have to work in Scottsboro tomorrow afternoon, might as well leave early and hit the store

Rob
Old 05-18-2018, 12:35 PM

Default M1D combos

are all the M1D combos all gone?
Old 05-18-2018, 01:05 PM

Rob30-06, Driving tomorrow afternoon, hope to be there by 2 pm.

Rich
Old 05-18-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhammer View Post
It seems as though they have been gone for several weeks now.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowhammer View Post
I was just in the South Store yesterday after completing the Advanced Maintenance Class and there were no M1D Combos.

There was one RG M1D 5-digit SA with no mount, scope, cheek pad of flash hider. Interesting that it was a five digit rifle.

There were a couple high 6M SA SGs in the afternoon and one of them was calling my name, but I had to let it go.

I hope it finds a good home. The receiver and trigger group were flawless. I believe it was a 6052XXX. Very nice rifle.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDoug View Post
I was just in the South Store yesterday after completing the Advanced Maintenance Class and there were no M1D Combos.

There was one RG M1D 5-digit SA with no mount, scope, cheek pad of flash hider. Interesting that it was a five digit rifle.

There were a couple high 6M SA SGs in the afternoon and one of them was calling my name, but I had to let it go.

I hope it finds a good home. The receiver and trigger group were flawless. I believe it was a 6052XXX. Very nice rifle.
don't you just hate having to let one go like that? it's like you're trying to do the financially responsible thing, but it beckons you from the rack. every single time I let one go, I always end up regretting it later.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
don't you just hate having to let one go like that? it's like you're trying to do the financially responsible thing, but it beckons you from the rack. every single time I let one go, I always end up regretting it later.
I know. That 6M was just killing me. In the class, I was super happy that I was able to build a six-digit SA with matching bolt, trigger group, hammer and op rod. I also bought a six-digit Winchester SG earlier in the week.

I was thinking that having an early SA and one of the last SAs would be pretty neat, but three rifles on one trip? I also want to keep my marriage!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
So, is this until the next release, or were the ones sold since January the end?
Old 05-18-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanJ View Post
So, is this until the next release, or were the ones sold since January the end?
I think Tom (PH68) might be more informed, but when I went down in March to pick up an M1D Combo, Mike at the desk said to me, "After this batch, that's it!"

But gauging from comments from veterans in other parts of the forums, who knows what the future holds?

I can add that during the tour we received as part of the class, it appeared the Philippine pallets were all unopened. So who knows what goodies are lurking inside those boxes once they start working through them?
Old 05-18-2018, 04:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
I can add that during the tour we received as part of the class, it appeared the Philippine pallets were all unopened. So who knows what goodies are lurking inside those boxes once they start working through them?
During your tour were you given any insight into the 1911 release?