Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2018, 11:18 PM

Default my first M1 Garand

Long time shooter and collector, but for some reason have never owned an M1 until last Saturday. Now I own 2! Both are Winchesters, and both came from the CMP South Store. This is the first one I bought. Big thanks to Tom for helping me pick it out! Sorry there are only 2 pics, but this is my first post adding images.

Last edited by corpsman5; 05-21-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-18-2018, 06:16 AM

[QUOTE=corpsman5;1719000]Long time shooter and collector, but for some reason have never owned an M1 until last Saturday. Now I own 2! Both are Winchesters, and both came from the CMP South Store. This is the first one I bought. Big thanks to Tom for helping me pick it out! Sorry there are only 2 pics, but this is my first post adding images.

Well, to get a Win13 as one of your first Winchesters is quite a feat. Many collectors go quite a while before they are able to snag one.
congratualtions

Since there is a Springfield out there with the same serial number you might want to add it to the Springfield - Winchester Duplicate WW2 Serial Ranges thread in the Garand Section. Who knows, maybe someone out there has the mate.

Rob
Old 05-18-2018, 06:54 AM

Congrats! She’s a beauty
Old 05-18-2018, 08:51 AM

[QUOTE=rob30-06;1719023]
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpsman5 View Post
Long time shooter and collector, but for some reason have never owned an M1 until last Saturday. Now I own 2! Both are Winchesters, and both came from the CMP South Store. This is the first one I bought. Big thanks to Tom for helping me pick it out! Sorry there are only 2 pics, but this is my first post adding images.

Well, to get a Win13 as one of your first Winchesters is quite a feat. Many collectors go quite a while before they are able to snag one.
congratualtions

Since there is a Springfield out there with the same serial number you might want to add it to the Springfield - Winchester Duplicate WW2 Serial Ranges thread in the Garand Section. Who knows, maybe someone out there has the mate.

Rob
thanks! and that's a good idea. I need to do that.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:38 PM

Congrats Corpsman5! I was honored to see those two adopted in person. I learned a ton just trying to overhear what you guys were saying about the parts, while nervously flipping those tags over trying to decide on mine, ha ha. Love that original finish.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage22410 View Post
Congrats Corpsman5! I was honored to see those two adopted in person. I learned a ton just trying to overhear what you guys were saying about the parts, while nervously flipping those tags over trying to decide on mine, ha ha. Love that original finish.
yep, you and I were there first ones there Saturday morning. it sure was nice to meet you, and I'm glad you found a good one. hopefully, our paths will cross again. I'm already itching to go back.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:59 PM

Roger, that. I'm looking possibly mid June. Wonder when the Philippine rifles will roll out.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:32 PM

I don't know, but my guess would be that they will start to trickle out as the Turkish rifles start to run low. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing them, though. I'll probably head down a time or 2 before then, but I know i'll be going in October. I have to attend my cousin's wedding in Fort Payne, so I'm going to use that as an excuse to go.
Old 05-20-2018, 04:53 AM

Nice Rifle , That's a nice looking Winnie,I wish my two were that nice
Old 05-20-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smal View Post
Nice Rifle , That's a nice looking Winnie,I wish my two were that nice
thanks! well... you could always keep an eye out and buy 2 more that are nicer and sell the 2 you've got. unless you're like me... and you could just keep all 4 of them. lol...