Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2018, 06:43 AM

I wonder if these folks weren't the victims of some sort of prank.

Perhaps they used a second hand source of information to get their order forms, and the acceptance dates were stripped off intentionally.

It would be easy enough to download the forms, alter them, and post to some other website.

Some of these may even have payment enclosed.

Malicious spread of misinformation may be the culprit here.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:55 AM

🍿 everyone?
Old 06-07-2018, 09:48 AM

I like to think it's a matter of weeding out the chaff.....those who shouldn't own a firearm anyway.

Reminds me of a mid term in one of my classes way back when in college. Directions said, read this exam completely and follow all directions. Of course I didn't. Failed miserably because the very last thing on the exam said "Do not complete questions 1 through 10, fill in the name and student ID portion, and in the comments tell the instructor what you liked and didn't like about the class".

A Radiologist I worked with a few years ago told me a story about medical school (true or not I can't vouch for). She said one of her first classes was an introduction to human anatomy. There was a naked cadaver on a table on it's belly. All the students were gathered around, and the Professor started off saying, "to be a successful doctor, there are two rules. First, you must get over your natural discomfort when dealing with bodily functions, death, and the more base aspects of medical practice, as well as human nudity. The 2nd rule is attention to detail. We're going to start with the first rule". Then he put his finger in the cadaver's anus, and licked it off. "Now, I want each of you to do the same thing I did". After much gagging, throwing up, freaking out, and some passing out, most of the students were able to do it. Then the professor said, "Now we're going to talk about the 2nd rule. I used my middle finger in the anus, but licked my index finger. All of you used your index finger for both".

Last edited by precision40; 06-07-2018 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Removed profanity
Old 06-07-2018, 10:03 AM

How charming.

I fear we have been too hasty in judging our fellow man.

This could also happen by simple oversight.

It's hard to believe but there are still quite a few people, especially oldsters, who are not 'online'. This is by choice. They rely on others to fetch things for them via computer when such things must be done.

The 1911 offering has been publicized in other media with various levels of detail and accuracy.

A person who does not use this website or perhaps does not use a computer at all when presented with pages 1A through 4A and lacking the cover page of the packet would simply not know the acceptance time window.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:18 PM

Summer is a prime time for band camp.
Old 06-07-2018, 12:20 PM

Patience "grasshopper", heard that somewhere.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:54 PM

Are we there yet? How about now? Now ? Now? How much farther?
Old 06-08-2018, 06:39 AM

Default Ah Ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8232J View Post
How charming.

I fear we have been too hasty in judging our fellow man.

This could also happen by simple oversight.

It's hard to believe but there are still quite a few people, especially oldsters, who are not 'online'. This is by choice. They rely on others to fetch things for them via computer when such things must be done.

The 1911 offering has been publicized in other media with various levels of detail and accuracy.

A person who does not use this website or perhaps does not use a computer at all when presented with pages 1A through 4A and lacking the cover page of the packet would simply not know the acceptance time window.

You are being sarcastic aren't you! OR.....were YOU one of those early submitters and just CYA? IMHO - No excuse as all was CLEARLY SPELLED OUT
Old 06-08-2018, 09:20 AM

It is not 'spelled out' on the actual order form.

It's here on the website, and it's on the first page of the download.

But it's not on the form itself.
Old 06-08-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8232J View Post
It is not 'spelled out' on the actual order form.

It's here on the website, and it's on the first page of the download.

But it's not on the form itself.
Splitting hairs. Even if it isn't on the technical order form itself, it is in large font, bolded AND underlined at the top of the page when you open the packet with the order form, which should've been enough. I'm sure there will be those that still belly ache about it though.

Last edited by Big_Red; 06-12-2018 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Downsize yet another pic