Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2018, 09:36 AM

Default Will all mail order 1911 be Anniston Army Depot rebuilds?

Will all mail order 1911 be Anniston Army Depot rebuilds?
The American Rifleman article makes it seem this way. Iím not saying itís good or bad. Just would be nice to know.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:41 AM

It's safe to assume that anything in mostly original condition (ie, not a rebuild) will go to auction. However I'm also curious what % of the rebuilds will be specifically ANAD marked with the year. That's the main reason I'm interested in them.
Old 06-07-2018, 03:38 PM

They would be whatever they received from the Army, and whatever depots that the Army used for 1911 rebuilds. From the info that the CMP has already put out, i don't think that the general 1911's will be separated in any way by rebuild depot, since they have stated that the main sorting criteria will be by condition, as mixmaster guns are going to be commonplace, so slides and frames will most likely not be same maker, and to search every single 1911 by serial number to identify maker would be a time consuming task.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:14 PM

There are three thousand Museum pistols. I doubt all of them will end up at auction. While many will be rare examples, many more will be average quality 1911s acquired from various sources. I suspect/speculate/guess that those will end up in the mail order group.

Another way of looking at it. The auction typically puts out no more than 4 of any type of weapon for any given week. Typically they offer 1 to 3. If you assumed they will go crazy and auction off 8 a week, that is only 416 1911's in a year. Knowing that they will be getting a new group of pistol each year, there is no reason for them to put all 3,000 received form the museum into the auction inventory.
Old 06-07-2018, 07:17 PM

Where did you see that 3000 are museum pistols? The American Rifleman article says that the museum system guns represent the minority of the 8000 currently on hand and will likely all be designated as auction grade designation.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkling View Post
Where did you see that 3000 are museum pistols? The American Rifleman article says that the museum system guns represent the minority of the 8000 currently on hand and will likely all be designated as auction grade designation.
Somebody who went to the NRA convention in Dallas and who know somebody who was part of the American Rifleman inspection said he was told there were 3,000 museum guns and 5,000 Annistion rebuild guns.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
Somebody who went to the NRA convention in Dallas and who know somebody who was part of the American Rifleman inspection said he was told there were 3,000 museum guns and 5,000 Annistion rebuild guns.
So someone who knows someone else who was shown some of the pistols is telling you that over one third of them are museum pieces. Do you really take that as factual information?
Old 06-07-2018, 09:50 PM

I thought that they were from a museum collection. No one said museum quality. Big difference.
Old 06-07-2018, 09:53 PM

Just a thought but don't you think if any of the "Museum lot" were issued in the general lottery that holy heck would break loose among the masses?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimit View Post
So someone who knows someone else who was shown some of the pistols is telling you that over one third of them are museum pieces. Do you really take that as factual information?
You have to forgive me, I am an accountant. Great with numbers, bad with names. The reference I am referring to are people who would know, but I can't remember their names. There has been more than one post on it going back a couple/three weeks. unfortunately there have been so many threads on so many boards, that I don't remember which ones.

Last edited by krdomingue; 06-08-2018 at 01:33 AM.