X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Aug 2014

Magazines?

I haven't seen anyting that talks about magazines coming with these pistols. I think at least one, but preferably three should come with each. At least that would be nice. Anybody know or heard something?
  • PH68
    • Mar 2016

Magazines

They had government (dated 1991) magazines, unopened for sale, I think 8.00 and limit of 8, until the 1911 pistol returned gained some traction and then they were pulled back by CMP. We may see these, but only a guess....

Originally posted by 0235101 View Post
    I haven't seen anyting that talks about magazines coming with these pistols. I think at least one, but preferably three should come with each. At least that would be nice. Anybody know or heard something?

Comment

• KSTXFLID
      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by PH68 View Post
      They had government (dated 1991) magazines, unopened for sale, I think 8.00 and limit of 8, until the 1911 pistol returned gained some traction and then they were pulled back by CMP. We may see these, but only a guess....
      Do we know these were "pulled back" and not sold out?
      I love those mags but thought they sold them all.

Comment

• PH68
        • Mar 2016

Magazines

I was told at the time that they were pulled, no matter their gone..

Originally posted by KSTXFLID View Post
        Do we know these were "pulled back" and not sold out?
        I love those mags but thought they sold them all.

Comment

• KSTXFLID
          • Aug 2011

Pulled is better than sold.
          I can hold out hope of mags coming available again. Fleeting as it may be with all the 1911's that will be shipped in the future.

Comment

• tinplater611
            • Sep 2016

I bought 6 of the magazines early last year when I visited the NS even though I did not have a 1911 at the time. I figured at that price, why not?

I purchased an ATI 1911A1 copy a few months ago and have used 1 of the mags with that pistol.

Comment

• steelap
              • Oct 2009

Or at least not in the eStore....

Comment

• Dstout
                • Oct 2009

Just like everything else, the CMP will re-release them.....just with a higher price.
                David
                Fortes Fortuna juvat

2nd Bn, 3rd Marines

Buy now worry about later, later.--Bob Moore, 12/10
                My feedback thread http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ghlight=dstout 50+ positives before it was destroyed

Comment

• OKC_Jim
                  • Sep 2010

Originally posted by 0235101 View Post
                  I think at least one, but preferably three should come with each.
                  Why should three come with each pistol? Just curious where the number came from.

Comment

• jwenum
                    • Feb 2013

I received 3 mags from a ‘clued in’ oldest son awhile ago, haven’t tried them yet. They probably aren’t the best if shooting anything but 230FMJ, but you never know. 1911 mags are very plentiful, just have to do ‘due diligence’ for what works. I have probably 4 different makes of mags and they all work fine. Throating the barrel on a 1911 is probably the biggest thing to think about.

Comment

• cmp1911admin
                      • Apr 2018

Mags

At this time we do not know if every 1911 we have received will have a magazine. At this time CMP 1911 plans to ship one (1) magazine with each pistol.

Comment

Working...
                      X