Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 07:27 PM

Arrow tips

A few have not only sent their packets in early but have done so by Register Mail which requires a signature. As the carriers cannot access our building they must leave the notice in our mail box telling us where to go to pick up the packets. Well THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, we do not have the time or staff to be running to the Post Office, FedEx, UPS, to pick up mail. For those that have already sent their packets early you are SOL, sorry about that. For those that can read and sent their packets in between 9/4/18 and 10/4/18, this also applies to you. Also please do not call or email customer service or me wanting to know if we have received your packet or what your status is, We will notifiy you as soon as we can, but it will take awhile. FYI we have received around 150 packets so far, can't wait to see what came in over the weekend
Old 06-11-2018, 09:53 AM

SOL - Used to hear that in the USMC chow line.
Old 06-11-2018, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
As the carriers cannot access our building they must leave the notice in our mail box telling us where to go to pick up the packets. Well THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN, we do not have the time or staff to be running to the Post Office, FedEx, UPS, to pick up mail.
Ignoring the whole it is not yet September 04th issue, I am wanting clarification on submitting my packet by FedEx. Are you saying that FedEx will not have access to your building and will not be able to deliver to you? I have been F'ed by the human detritus that staffs the US Postal Service too many times to trust them with anything important to me. If my memory serves me, with my FedEx account it only cost me about $7.40 to submit my Carbine packet in early 2016. This is a small price to pay for a reliable service. With the FedEx tracking number I can see if the packet has been delivered and will then have no urge to bother you with an e-mail or phone call asking if you received it.

My logic here with the regular postal mail is, by the time you tell everyone that their packet has been received it will be long after the October 04th deadline has passed and anyone that does not hear from you will be finding out that their packet got lost in Postal La La Land long after the deadline is passed and will not be able to get a replacement in. At no fault of their own, or yours, they will lose out on the chance to even have their name entered into the number drawing.

A FedEx tracking number showing that someone at the CMP1911 building signed for my packet would put my mind at rest. In the extremely unlikely event that my tracking number shows my packet disappearing into FedEx La La Land I will have plenty of time to prepare another packet and send it out.

This way as soon as FedEx show my packet being delivered, I can just sit back knowing you have my packet and just wait to hear what place I get in the lottery.

GuapoPogi
Old 06-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Banned

You guys are overthinking this. You have an ENTIRE MONTH to send them in. Send it via usps priority, god forbid it gets lost youll have 2-3 weeks to send it again. I cant imagine the cluster#$% this is going to be
Old 06-11-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtdt View Post
You guys are overthinking this. You have an ENTIRE MONTH to send them in. Send it via usps priority, god forbid it gets lost youll have 2-3 weeks to send it again. I cant imagine the cluster#$% this is going to be
I do not trust the USPS and do not want to give them my money if I can give it to FedEx. The USPS has twice left my storm door open in wind storms in the last 2 years causing the door to be ripped off my house, causing $395 in damage the first time and causing $1765 in damage the second time. If the USPS had done $2160 in damage to your house then basically told you to go F yourself when you tried to get them to fix it, you would feel the same as I do. That does not even get into the lies and BS they gave me about the four packages of mine they have lost in the last year.

GuapoPogi
Old 06-11-2018, 02:24 PM

GuapoPogi, I would imagine, just like the M1 Carbine dealie, that AFTER the Saturday non-delivery, that FedEx, UPS, USPS (offices are ALL closed for mail delivery??), that they brought the many bins to the offices on Monday.

OR...

SHIP on Monday for 2nd or 3rd day. Then it will get there during normal biz hours...

Last edited by weimar_police; 06-11-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
I do not trust the USPS and do not want to give them my money if I can give it to FedEx. The USPS has twice left my storm door open in wind storms in the last 2 years causing the door to be ripped off my house, causing $395 in damage the first time and causing $1765 in damage the second time. If the USPS had done $2160 in damage to your house then basically told you to go F yourself when you tried to get them to fix it, you would feel the same as I do. That does not even get into the lies and BS they gave me about the four packages of mine they have lost in the last year.

GuapoPogi

I dont imagine its the postal services fault that your storm door didnt properly close on its own....twice

Do what you want, in fact, you should probably just drive to Alabama and put it in there mailbox yourself, since your too paranoid to trust a service that delivers umpteen billion parcels a day
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtdt View Post
I dont imagine its the postal services fault that your storm door didnt properly close on its own....
Actually it was. Both times this happened in a wind storm. When the wind is blowing at 30 miles an hour down my street no pneumatic door closer is strong enough to fight that wind and close the door. My door is not the only door on my street that was destryoyed in 2016 and 2017 by the lazy scum that was our postal deliverer. You would think that after he did it the first time he would have made sure to close the door when there was a wind storm, but no, he could not be bothered to take that one second to close the door after putting the mail through the slot. Every door on my street that opens in the same direction that mine opens is damaged, I just happen to have been unlucky enough to have 2 blown off, with the second damaging the actuall frame causing the entire door frame to need replacing too.

GuapoPogi
Old 06-11-2018, 03:52 PM

I can see now that I am just going to pass on these. This time for sure. This will be more fun to observe than to participate in. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. I hope nobody has their head explode because their packet gets lost on it's journey. Heaven forbid! This offer may help the Post Office get out of debt. I feel for the ladies at the CMP answering the phones.
Well, I decided to send it in anyway. I would like to get one! Just waiting to send it in now.

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll

Last edited by 1stgarand; 08-09-2018 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stgarand View Post
I can see now that I am just going to pass on these. This time for sure. This will be more fun to observe than to participate in. Maybe next time, if there is a next time. I hope nobody has their head explode because their packet gets lost on it's journey. Heaven forbid! This offer may help the Post Office get out of debt. I feel for the ladies at the CMP answering the phones.
1stgarand, I don’t think you will get another chance for at least 10 years. I did not ask for clarification in this nor did I read any posts of others asking for clarification on this but my interpretation was that all of these packets would be entered into the generator. Ignoring the auction pistols for the moment, numbers 1 - 8,000 would get this year’s 8,000 pistols . Numbers 8,001 - 16,000 would get next year’s 8,000 pistol (if that is the number the CMP gets next year). If they get 100,000 packets like they say they might and actually get a full 10,000 per year for the next 9 years they stil won’t have all orders filled and be looking for new orders untill 2028.

At this point I’m curious if my interpretation is correct. It would be good for those of us that wind up as 8,001 - 100,000 but not so good for those that are not 21 yet or otherwise are unable to get an order in between Sept 04 and Oct 04 and would have to wait 10 years.

Last edited by GuapoPogi; 06-11-2018 at 07:51 PM. Reason: There is no e at the end of wind.
Closed Thread