Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:07 PM
cmp1911admin cmp1911admin is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 265
Arrow packets

You are basically correct. There is a mail box where USPO, FedEx, UPS are all dropping packets off at. We do not have staff or time to sign for each packet. If the packet is not complete, it is "filed 13", we will not contact anyone, that is why you have 90 days to get everything in order.
  #22  
Old 06-11-2018, 05:11 PM
Vos Parate Vos Parate is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
You are basically correct. There is a mail box where USPO, FedEx, UPS are all dropping packets off at. We do not have staff or time to sign for each packet. If the packet is not complete, it is "filed 13", we will not contact anyone, that is why you have 90 days to get everything in order.
UPS over nite has an option to deliver w/o signature.
__________________
Never slap a man while he is chewing tobacco.
Vos Parate Feedback Thread
  #23  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:22 PM
Craftsman Craftsman is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Florida
Posts: 7,002
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vos Parate View Post
UPS over nite has an option to deliver w/o signature.
But why bother with overnight?
Everyone has a month to snail mail them in.
Just include tracking so you know they got it
__________________
Grandfathers Dwight & Percy- Both WWI US Army, Tank Corps & Corps of Engineers
Uncle Colby- WWII US Army Infantry - European Theater
Dad - US Army Infantry - 1954-1956

VFW Patriots Circle Member
NRA Life Member
PMRPC - CMP/GSM Rifle Match Chairman
GSM Master Instructor
  #24  
Old 06-11-2018, 07:48 PM
cranehunter cranehunter is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Monroe, WI
Posts: 753
Default

Follow the instructions. Fill in the blanks. Mail it in during the window. Wait.

It is not any harder than that. I have my popcorn ready.
  #25  
Old 06-11-2018, 08:19 PM
Vos Parate Vos Parate is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
But why bother with overnight?
Everyone has a month to snail mail them in.
Just include tracking so you know they got it
Costs for me is $6.00.
__________________
Never slap a man while he is chewing tobacco.
Vos Parate Feedback Thread
  #26  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 PM
cmp1911admin cmp1911admin is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 265
Arrow packets

Wellll....... some of the screw up we have found so afar out of the 175+ that we have already received are:
1. 03 FFL instead of the 01,02,07 FFL that is required. Sender said his 03 FFL was just as good as the others.
2. One sender felt he did not have to completely fill out the packet and CMP 1911 only needed his name, address, FFL and credit card number for the Singer Service grade he wanted.
3. Sender sent a copy of the FFL that had expired 4/26/2015 and said if selected he would send an updated copy but did't want to waste his money if not selected.
4. Some have not included all the required documents.
5. Some have sent in CMP (rifle) paperwork.
6. Another send in his paperwork with out any of the required documents, but had written on the checklist that all doucuments were on file as he had purchased an M1 Rifle 2 years ago from CMP and everything was still good to go.

I could go on, these are just some of the high lights. If we are getting this many with only 175 packets so far how many do think we will get when we start to accept the packets 0n 9/4/18. This why we are allowing 90 days to get all your ducks in a row before you mail your packet. Think of the time that would be spent if we had to contact those that can't read or follow instruction to correct their packets. How many times should we call then to get answer? How long do we wait for their "corrected" paperwork? We are trying to make this as fair as possible. Will we please everyone NO but we are going to do our best.
  #27  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:33 PM
Vos Parate Vos Parate is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,229
Default

🍿 anyone?
__________________
Never slap a man while he is chewing tobacco.
Vos Parate Feedback Thread
  #28  
Old 06-11-2018, 11:04 PM
sigman2 sigman2 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 5,773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Wellll....... some of the screw up we have found so afar out of the 175+ that we have already received are:
1. 03 FFL instead of the 01,02,07 FFL that is required. Sender said his 03 FFL was just as good as the others.
2. One sender felt he did not have to completely fill out the packet and CMP 1911 only needed his name, address, FFL and credit card number for the Singer Service grade he wanted.
3. Sender sent a copy of the FFL that had expired 4/26/2015 and said if selected he would send an updated copy but did't want to waste his money if not selected.
4. Some have not included all the required documents.
5. Some have sent in CMP (rifle) paperwork.
6. Another send in his paperwork with out any of the required documents, but had written on the checklist that all doucuments were on file as he had purchased an M1 Rifle 2 years ago from CMP and everything was still good to go.

I could go on, these are just some of the high lights. If we are getting this many with only 175 packets so far how many do think we will get when we start to accept the packets 0n 9/4/18. This why we are allowing 90 days to get all your ducks in a row before you mail your packet. Think of the time that would be spent if we had to contact those that can't read or follow instruction to correct their packets. How many times should we call then to get answer? How long do we wait for their "corrected" paperwork? We are trying to make this as fair as possible. Will we please everyone NO but we are going to do our best.
The only way to make it fair is to shred every packet that comes early, every incomplete packet and every late one. And no, you should not even consider contacting anyone until it's time to notify them of FFL receipt or their random ranking.

I will probably send mine USPS First Class with tracking or regular Priority Mail... nothing with a signature requirement. If I'm too stupid to follow your instructions then I deserve the consequences.
__________________
CMP Customer # 131290
NRA Patron Member
Garand Collectors Association
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
  #29  
Old 06-12-2018, 05:16 AM
spankys56 spankys56 is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Indiana
Posts: 49
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtdt View Post
You guys are overthinking this. You have an ENTIRE MONTH to send them in. Send it via usps priority, god forbid it gets lost youll have 2-3 weeks to send it again. I cant imagine the cluster#$% this is going to be
  #30  
Old 06-13-2018, 09:55 AM
DDRode DDRode is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Benson, MN
Posts: 1,656
Default

Been usin' USPS for well over a half century (& USPS PRIORITY MAIL for over a decade) without too many issues!!!

BUT...

If you're a PARANOID SNOWFLAKE (or some such critter), you might as well hire UPS EXPRESS CRITICAL SECURE ( thttps://www.ups.com/media/en/UPS-Express-Critical-Secure.pdf ) to insure that it's delivered on time!!!

That way, you and your teddy can sleep soundly while rough men stand ready to do violence (or deliver 1911 order packets) on your behalf!!!

Tongue in Cheek...



Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapoPogi View Post
Thats what I am hoping. I donít care if my packet gets delivered on September 04th or September 28th since order if arrival is no important. I just want to use a service that is both reliable and has not screwed me over in the past.

GuapoPogi
__________________
Dion D. Rode SFC-13F4H (RET)
USN 66-70 (VAH-123, NAVSTA KEF, VAW-126)/USNR 72-74/USAR 83-90 (3/14FA-205TH INF BDE)/ MNARNG 90-00 (34TH "RED BULL" INF DIV)

Last edited by DDRode; 06-13-2018 at 10:07 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:15 PM.