Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2018, 11:06 PM

Thank you guapopogi, you made my day complete.
Takes the phrase "going postal" to a new level.

Jh
Old 06-14-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
The only way to make it fair is to shred every packet that comes early, every incomplete packet and every late one. And no, you should not even consider contacting anyone until it's time to notify them of FFL receipt or their random ranking.

I will probably send mine USPS First Class with tracking or regular Priority Mail... nothing with a signature requirement. If I'm too stupid to follow your instructions then I deserve the consequences.
We have a winner! I am perfectly fine with this. I believe that is exactly what they are saying will happen. By the way....where does that line for the service grade Singers start?? LOL!!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennnorment View Post
By the way....where does that line for the service grade Singers start?? LOL!!

Right here

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/index.asp
Old 06-14-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennnorment View Post
We have a winner! I am perfectly fine with this. I believe that is exactly what they are saying will happen. By the way....where does that line for the service grade Singers start?? LOL!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnmccoy View Post
Lucky for me, you guys overlooked the line for the Correct Grade Singers and I wound up first in line.

Athough Id prefer Remington Rand 2,442,468 to match my CMP O-65 rebuild Springfield Garand, Ill be excited even if I only get a rack grade mix master. The original manufacturer of the frame will not really matter to me.

GuapoPogi
Old 06-14-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigman2 View Post
The only way to make it fair is to shred every packet that comes early, every incomplete packet and every late one. And no, you should not even consider contacting anyone until it's time to notify them of FFL receipt or their random ranking.

I will probably send mine USPS First Class with tracking or regular Priority Mail... nothing with a signature requirement. If I'm too stupid to follow your instructions then I deserve the consequences.
I lean towards a hard line response also. (Unless I make a mistake and something in my packet needs correcting.) But you know, the CMP is in a lose, lose situation here. Be hard line, shred everything, don't communicate to those who screwed up, their calls and emails go up and people complain about the poor customer service. Shred, but communicate, their work goes up, people are mad about their inflexibility and complain about the poor customer service. Shred the early ones, attempt the fix other the ones, their work goes up, the people who did it right aren't happy and the complaints still poor in.
Old 06-14-2018, 05:01 PM

"ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE 4 SEPTEMBER 2018. ORDERS RECEIVED BEFORE THAT DATE WILL BE DESTROYED."

How hard is it to understand this? It does not get any more clear.
The folks that mailed their packets early (and you know who you are) should mail a completed packet between the dates specified in the packet and on the 1911 page.

Dave
Old 06-14-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLD View Post
"ORDERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED BEFORE 4 SEPTEMBER 2018. ORDERS RECEIVED BEFORE THAT DATE WILL BE DESTROYED."

How hard is it to understand this? It does not get any more clear.
The folks that mailed their packets early (and you know who you are) should mail a completed packet between the dates specified in the packet and on the 1911 page.
Well said.....again, and again, and again, etc...

Veteran US Army, Artillery
NRA Member
My Dad was a Gun Captain on the USS Enterprise CV-6 WWll
Old 06-14-2018, 10:12 PM

I am quite sure, after reading post #1, and reinforced by a few later posts, that I would be happy to buy a beer for CMP1911ADMIN. Clearly we speak the same language, with me perhaps slightly more pragmatic.

In Zvenomans word (utopia I suspect it is not) those who violated the 13 commandments would be listed on the website. Along with their single digit lottery numbers, had they not been disqualified.
One critique to CMP1911ADMIN regarding the 1st commandment:
I have seen that before on other documents. Posting in all caps will not get the attention of those who missed it on the forms they mail. 3000 point font in flashing red with a hand slapping the reader may work on a few.....
Me, I favor the 11th commandment.

Ah, good times.......
JH
Old 06-15-2018, 09:49 AM

For State of Birth, if it is a foreign country does the CMP want country only, or city and country? TIA
Old 06-15-2018, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkman View Post
For State of Birth, if it is a foreign country does the CMP want country only, or city and country? TIA
In my case, I always list City and Country. Not sure what they require.

Born in Triest Italy, and my documents include my Certificate of Citizenship.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241