Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Default Selection Question

I've finished readying my packet. Just need a few signatures, a notary and it will be ready to mail in September.

I've read the official documents a few times and it seems to only mention that the "CMP 1911 Customer" will make their selection from Service, Field or Rack Grades. I'm sure that the administration has considered this but my question is will you be able to choose 1911 or 1911A1? Will there be a manufacturer choice?

Thank you. I will wait for a response from the administration.

rifle guy
Old 06-11-2018, 01:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle guy View Post
I've finished readying my packet. Just need a few signatures, a notary and it will be ready to mail in September.

I've read the official documents a few times and it seems to only mention that the "CMP 1911 Customer" will make their selection from Service, Field or Rack Grades. I'm sure that the administration has considered this but my question is will you be able to choose 1911 or 1911A1? Will there be a manufacturer choice?

Thank you. I will wait for a response from the administration.

rifle guy
Straight from Mark.....no choice of manufacturer only grade.
http://forums.thecmp.org/showpost.ph...8&postcount=14
Old 06-11-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifle guy View Post

I think that would fall into the yellow sticky realm, except it very likely the person in shipping doesn't know the difference.
Old 06-11-2018, 02:48 PM

Shomway, thank you for the lead. As mentioned I've read the official notices but not all of the threads, just too many. I suppose that I understand the thinking here with all of the rebuilds done and applications that will be pouring in. A lot to ask for. Any thoughts on the choice of 1911 vs. 1911A1.

rifle guy
Old 06-11-2018, 04:14 PM

The odds you get a 1911 in the lottery are about nil. Any that exist will be auctioned.
Old 06-11-2018, 05:16 PM

Arrow selections

Gee Hunter, I was not aware you worked for CMP 1911, I will let Mr. Johnson know what you have decided as to what goes to the auction site. THIS is how RUMORS and Mis-information gets out. AT THIS TIME we have NO CLUE as to the numbers of 1911's and 1911a1's we have and what will or will not go to auction. Until the CMP 1911 Armory is completed we can not inventory what the Army is giving us. PLEASE PEOPLE lets not start rumors/bad info on things you know nothing about.
Old 06-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Default selection

MMMMM did someone hit a nerve
Old 06-11-2018, 08:12 PM

In a perfect world I will be chosen #1 and be able to buy an all correct late run Remington Rand SG 1911A1. Now that my dream is over I will consider myself lucky if my name is pulled at all! I certainly didn't want to start anything here just thought that I may have missed something. Wouldn't be the first time!

My thanks to all for their input.

rifle guy
Old 06-11-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdomingue View Post
I think that would fall into the yellow sticky realm, except it very likely the person in shipping doesn't know the difference.
Maybe "rounded" or "flat" back of grip?
Old 06-12-2018, 05:25 AM

If the majority of these came from the rebuild program, I would assume most would be 1911A1. When did the Army drop the 1911? I know the marines held on to them longer. If there are 1911's in the batch,we've all seein those arsenal rebuild stamped pistols with little trigger,arched mainspring housing,and plastic grips. They're likely to be indistinguishable for people doing the sorting.