Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Sales > CMP 1911
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrogpilot View Post
Very disappointing. Not the nice customer service we have grown to love from the CMP...
+1
Old 06-13-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drywash View Post
Still plan to mail packet and take a chance. Will definately not get one if I don't send it in. Mfg. doesn't matter to me. Just happy we have a chance.
Same here.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 06-13-2018, 07:32 AM

I would get tired of the same questions over and over as well. Especially with the answers posted here.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp1911admin View Post
Gee Hunter, I was not aware you worked for CMP 1911, I will let Mr. Johnson know what you have decided as to what goes to the auction site. THIS is how RUMORS and Mis-information gets out. AT THIS TIME we have NO CLUE as to the numbers of 1911's and 1911a1's we have and what will or will not go to auction. Until the CMP 1911 Armory is completed we can not inventory what the Army is giving us. PLEASE PEOPLE lets not start rumors/bad info on things you know nothing about.
I donít actually work for CMP, but I think we can agree that pistols in 1911 configuration would be extremely rare to find in surplus stock thatís been rebuilt multiple times. They would most likely come from the museum pieces. In that event I would imagine maximum value would be achieved on the auction block. I donít think thatís an out of line assumption.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:05 AM

Dealing with customers? That is customer service. While I've never had anything other than pleasant experiences with the CMP staff, I don't think this is the proper venue for snarky replies that I'm sure are bounced back and forth amongst staff and probably for good reason.
That said, my faith in the effort being put forth to pull this off has never been higher and can't wait for the fun this fall.