Go Back   CMP Forums > Welcome Center > How To's
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Humphrey View Post
....Probably no amount of cheating would make that person shoot well enough to win anyway as the good shooters I know don't need to cheat to beat anybody.....

Exactly!!!! Like all the guys I saw during the sniper match this year at Perry using check pads on their 1903s and return springs on their chin-ertls. Looking at their scores they needed a lot more help than a few band modifications.

Tom
Old 04-30-2018, 07:29 AM

I am bringing this old thread back up as I need to work the gritty feel out of a 1903a3 Trigger. I donít have a stone, is it also possible to smooth and buff this surface with say a 1500 grit sandpaper mounted to a flat block. I would start at 1500 then 2000 and 2500 then polish the surface oil and see where I am.

If I should just buy the stone I can do that but I have a match this coming weakend again and Iíd like to get the sandy feel out of the end of the second stage of this trigger before that point so I can practice.

I do have a plan B and I can steal my trigger and sear from my driller that is a better trigger while I wait for a proper stone.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

I don't see why Wet-or-Dry paper wouldn't work, although you might want to glue it to a flat piece of steel so it stays flat instead of developing a "wave" in front of the working point which will kind of roll the edge.

"The trouble with most people is that they think with their hopes or fears or wishes rather than with their minds."--Will Durant
Old 05-08-2018, 01:17 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post
I am bringing this old thread back up as I need to work the gritty feel out of a 1903a3 Trigger. I donít have a stone, is it also possible to smooth and buff this surface with say a 1500 grit sandpaper mounted to a flat block. I would start at 1500 then 2000 and 2500 then polish the surface oil and see where I am.

If I should just buy the stone I can do that but I have a match this coming weakend again and Iíd like to get the sandy feel out of the end of the second stage of this trigger before that point so I can practice.

I do have a plan B and I can steal my trigger and sear from my driller that is a better trigger while I wait for a proper stone.
Buy a very small triangular Arkansas stone and do it right. Screw it up trying to use sandpaper and there's no going back. It's as simple an answer as that.

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/T...xoC588QAvD_BwE
Old 05-25-2018, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarterbore View Post

Fine lapping compound on a sheet of glass should work also.
Click Here For My Feedback

In honor of my father, Howard C. Ricks. Corporal, Co. E, 2nd Battalion, 20th Marine Engineers, 4th Marine Division. Later renamed Co. B, 4th Pioneer Battalion after Marianna Operation. Service dates February 1943 to October 31, 1945, Combat action: Roi-Namur, Saipan, Tinian and Iwo Jima. His rifle SA 893999 met "Captain Crunch".
http://wwiimemorial.com/Registry/pla...oreeID=1841138
Old 05-26-2018, 12:46 AM

A stone is best but wet dry paper works too. Pull across paper, don't push. Use plenty of water. Work on a stable flat surface.