Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2019, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDevilDog View Post
I kind of new at this stuff.
Explain Hackberry Stocks?

Thanks, I appreciate it. ..............................And CMP Specials?

Diesel
Since others have already covered hackberry stocks for you, here's the info on CMP Specials:

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Just read the descriptions of the various grades to see what difference CMP Special makes to the others. Below those descriptions you'll find the mail order prices for the various grades, with additional descriptions.

If you read the area above the description of the various grades you'll find more info about the use of hackberry stocks.

When in doubt, go to the source.

Rick
Old 02-11-2019, 11:17 PM

Thanks for the intel...........................

Diesel
Old 02-11-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronwall View Post
Every so often PH68 or another member will post a report on TMP's inventory. I suggest you keep an eye out for that. Same applies to South Store's inventory. I base my trips on the trends in those reports and I've always been successful in finding a rifle or two that I wanted.
Thanks, I will.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 PM

I'm really glad you guys are here to help me become a little more knowledgeable about these great rifles.
I'm not a collector, I just want a good shooter so I can go to the range and hit the bullseye! I will be buying a Service Grade.
Which manufacturer should I be looking at, what I mean is Springfield was the original builder so should I be looking at those?
I'm trying to figure out what builder was better for the receivers as the barrel and the other parts will probably be produced by others........

Thanking you in advance.............................

Diesel
Old 02-11-2019, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDevilDog View Post
I'm really glad you guys are here to help me become a little more knowledgeable about these great rifles.
I'm not a collector, I just want a good shooter so I can go to the range and hit the bullseye! I will be buying a Service Grade.
Which manufacturer should I be looking at, what I mean is Springfield was the original builder so should I be looking at those?
I'm trying to figure out what builder was better for the receivers as the barrel and the other parts will probably be produced by others........

Thanking you in advance.............................

Diesel
Just my 2cents, but I would look at either a SA or HRA with good barrel numbers. If you are just looking to have a piece of history to shoot, this would save you a few dollars and let you buy more ammo. With that being said there have not been a lot of those in the stores lately, so if you do go to pick out a rifle in person look for a rifle with good numbers. The CMP Specials are nice for shooters, but they are more expensive and have less historical value. Again, just my 2cents.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwcritch View Post
Just my 2cents, but I would look at either a SA or HRA with good barrel numbers. If you are just looking to have a piece of history to shoot, this would save you a few dollars and let you buy more ammo. With that being said there have not been a lot of those in the stores lately, so if you do go to pick out a rifle in person look for a rifle with good numbers. The CMP Specials are nice for shooters, but they are more expensive and have less historical value. Again, just my 2cents.
I know, I wish I could swing for the fence and buy a special but with my limited income, a service grade will do just fine. I'll try and find one with good numbers....thanks a lot!

Diesel