Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > NM Collector CMP Edition Software
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2019, 07:29 AM

Default C&R functionality

Just downloaded your program yesterday and spent a lot of time getting things entered. I used to use MyGunDB and thought it decent in dealing with C&R issues like reports.

I have all my C&R guns selected as such under the descriptions tab. If I wanted to print out a A and D report listing just these guns, how would I do this? MyGunDB seemed much more in tune with this aspect and I understand your program is perhaps not. When I look at the reports button, I would think there should be a C&R option, not just A and D.

I probably am overlooking the obvious, I may just need to play around with it more.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:22 AM

I read your blog a few times and the conclusion I come to is that you like the paper "bound "book", and you understand why someone would want it automated. I don't see anywhere where you say it is compatible with the ATF version of a "bound book". Maybe dancing around the idea is a better way to say it? This is from your C&R blog a few posts down:

"I retained the C&R license holder driven concepts and extended them to apply to other types of collections. A C&R collector will find the labels intuitive but the special bound book driven terms tends to throw other types of collectors off. However, with my love of the old C&R bound book, I see this as an opportunity to educate others in the beauty and applicability of it to other types of collectibles."

I'm not sure what this is saying. I think you have a cool product and I'm excited to give it a good try, I was just concerned that the loose idea of a bound book exist- just not a fuctional one.