X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dinkydau
    • Aug 2011

collectors in sf bay area

Besides the range in NorCal near Port Chicago off Hwy 4, are there any places where I can take my Garand and shoot it out in the open rather than under a roof? I would like to hear the real sound the of the muzzle and see the shells flying out. $14 for each time I go and I have to use their targets which I guess its o.k.
    I dont know anyone else who is intereested in Garands. I also have a 1903 mark 1 which I aquired at the south store Oct 5 during the mad rush. I live in Pleasant Hill.
  • Eljay
    • Oct 2010

Chabot Gun Range in Castro Valley is nice. http://www.chabotgunclub.com/

Comment

• Harold1950
      • Jun 2011

There is Sac Valley Shooting Center out in Amador County, may not be too close for you but they have ranges all the way out to 1000 yards. I believe it only cost 9 or 10 dollars to shoot there. It is all open bay some of the ranges just have a cover over the shooting line. They have a website, look at the 2nd post under yours and it will have a link to their website.

Comment

• Dinkydau
        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Harold1950 View Post
        There is Sac Valley Shooting Center out in Amador County, may not be too close for you but they have ranges all the way out to 1000 yards. I believe it only cost 9 or 10 dollars to shoot there. It is all open bay some of the ranges just have a cover over the shooting line. They have a website, look at the 2nd post under yours and it will have a link to their website.
        thanx for the info. At the range here just off Hwy 4 by Port Chicago, all the places where the shooters stand have covered roofs. Also its located in a deep ravine so the sound reverberates off the dirt burms and hilside, plus kept in by the roof. I would like to take my rifle out in the open and listen to the report with some sore of echo as if I was in WW2 somewhere in the Ardeinnes forest.
        I dont mind driving. I would make it a day out of it and find something else of interest after a while at the outdoor range.

Comment

• fat old married guy
          • Jan 2011

There is an open range off of Highway 9 at Skyline in Saratoga, and there is also one in Richmond. The one in Richmond I Think they are affiliated with CMP. I have never been to the one in Bay Point. There is one in Santa Clara off 101. It's indoor, but you can shoot the m1 carbine there. And there is one off Cayote point in San Mateo by the golf course. Hope this helps.

Comment

• Dinkydau
            • Aug 2011

Originally posted by fat old married guy View Post
            There is an open range off of Highway 9 at Skyline in Saratoga, and there is also one in Richmond. The one in Richmond I Think they are affiliated with CMP. I have never been to the one in Bay Point. There is one in Santa Clara off 101. It's indoor, but you can shoot the m1 carbine there. And there is one off Cayote point in San Mateo by the golf course. Hope this helps.
            thank you all for all the info. I have seen various You Tube videos of shooters outdoors letting loose their Garands. At the Bay Point range, they have the covered roof, plus it it in a deep ravine with a steep bank on the right side where the large bore rifles are shot. you dont get the full effect of the sound and "echo" type sound effect as you would elsewhere. This is why I was asking about other ranges in the area.
            Thanx again and I will try all of them out. Dont mind driving. 30miles is nothing each way.

Comment

• microwaveguy
              • Dec 2009

There is also Metcalf range is San Jose

http://www.sccgov.org/portal/site/pa...tcurrchannel=1
              Limit politicians to two terms. One in office and one in jail.

Beware of people who are certain they are right. That certainty allows them to justify almost any act in pursuit of their goals. ( Jack campbell , Guardian)

Comment

• vacabill
                • Jan 2012

I live in fairfield, try twin sisters in fairfield, look on you tube, they allow rapid fire and allow all types of targets, I think up to 500 yd targets

Comment

• Dinkydau
                  • Aug 2011

thanx for giving me that one place to go to in Fairfield. yep, at the range here near Bay Point, no rapid fire.
                  I was a reservist at Travis for 25yrs, so Fairfield is only about 40min. away from me! thanx. I will look into it.

Comment

• dragracer440wedge
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Dinkydau View Post
                    Besides the range in NorCal near Port Chicago off Hwy 4, are there any places where I can take my Garand and shoot it out in the open rather than under a roof? I would like to hear the real sound the of the muzzle and see the shells flying out. $14 for each time I go and I have to use their targets which I guess its o.k.
                    I dont know anyone else who is intereested in Garands. I also have a 1903 mark 1 which I aquired at the south store Oct 5 during the mad rush. I live in Pleasant Hill.
                    Dinkydau, Are you a member of the shooting range? If you join membership it's only $7.00 to shoot. Also there is a multipurpose range for members only and club activites. There is also a Garand Match held there, shooting at 200yrds.

Comment

Working...
                    X