X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J.R.2009
    • Oct 2009

Real or repro? Carbine sight

I'm must less than 50/50 on ID's carbine rear sights. This one was on a very mice NPM in the 4.3 million range. I can't tell if it is real or repo, so, I have come to the pros on this one. It is the one that on on the gun when he bought it.

New pics coming.
    Last edited by J.R.2009; 11-30-2017, 03:34 PM.
    J.R.

Home of the FREE Carbine Club Newsletter Index [email protected]
    I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.
    http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/

USAF 379th Bomb Wing (Heavy) SAC
    Gun Owners of SC
    GCA
  • Mike in NC
    • Oct 2009

Lighting isn't the best on those photos, but from what I see, it looks good.
    Buyer / Seller Feedback link:
    https://forums.thecmp.org/showthread...ght=Mike+in+NC

Comment

• GotSnlB28
      • Oct 2010

It's a fake, I'll take it off your hands for $20...

Lol looks legit to me as well, has a number of traits I look for when evaluating a sight.

Comment

• HB of CJ
        • Nov 2011

Poor Photo Provider ...

Respectfully. Poor photos. Plus their is only one provided per each link and after the only one photo I get all sorts of semi private additional photos.

Plus the site is very clogged up with advertisements. The photo site also clogs up my computer. Difficult to bust through and back to this forum.

Other than that everything is fine. I think you need the feedback. I dunno about the site. Bad quality photo. I did stop after the second provided link.

Respectfully.

Comment

• J.R.2009
          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by HB of CJ View Post
          Respectfully. Poor photos. Plus their is only one provided per each link and after the only one photo I get all sorts of semi private additional photos.

Plus the site is very clogged up with advertisements. The photo site also clogs up my computer. Difficult to bust through and back to this forum.

Other than that everything is fine. I think you need the feedback. I dunno about the site. Bad quality photo. I did stop after the second provided link.

Respectfully.
          I know, I know. Was in a hurry and grabbed the wife's point and shoot camera. Sorry about that and wasting your time.
          J.R.

I do NOT have newsletters to sell! ONLY our INDEX of what is in each issue. To get the issues see the link for the Carbine collectors Club.

Gun Owners of SC
          GCA

Comment

• J.R.2009
            • Oct 2009

Maybe these are a little better. Not much, I'm sure, but maybe better than the first.

J.R.

Gun Owners of SC
            GCA

Comment

• ibm1jh
              • Dec 2011

Me, Too

I am an idiot when it comes to deciding real vs. repro parts (unless I can still smell the salt water as the part just came off the boat ). But this looks real to me, too. Several distinguishing features, and I love the smacks on the N-A side where someone tried to hammer the sight in.
              John H
              Opinions are free. Answers are cheap. Correct answers are expensive.

Comment

• J.R.2009
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by ibm1jh View Post
                I am an idiot when it comes to deciding real vs. repro parts (unless I can still smell the salt water as the part just came off the boat ). But this looks real to me, too. Several distinguishing features, and I love the smacks on the N-A side where someone tried to hammer the sight in.
                Or maybe hammer it OUT! A lot of guys do not know the receiver dovetail is tapered and the sights go on right to left and off left to right.

I hope the pics looked okay since I got more flaming than help in my first post.

I may be selling this for a friend but have no idea what to ask. Looking at prices around the Internet it's crazy!
                J.R.

Gun Owners of SC
                GCA

Comment

• J.R.2009
                  • Oct 2009

Found my old photo magnifier and got it in really bright light to try and see any markings. Who ever hammered on the right base almost destroyed the markings but I do make out the right leg on an N and the - (dash) then the A. "N-A" correct for the NPM carbine.
                  J.R.

Gun Owners of SC
                  GCA

Comment

• top39
                    • Jul 2010

Is real..looks to have been refinished a couple of times.....is real issue...

Comment

Working...
                    X