Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2012, 04:54 AM
Banned

All,
I was at the store yesterday and looked around and I seen some HRA rifles in SG and above in very good shape. Just about all the barrels had 1 me and 2 te.
I noticed that the store had a few SGSA with NM parts on them with new CMP stocks/handguards. I wonder if all these NM parts are so scattered you would think that the CMP would find the glass bedded recievers and put them back together. I think that would be a money maker!

V/R
Sgt Rock
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 AM

Rock I was told the CMP got 200 AFPG's and many were not complete. I believe they may have done just what you stated to get as many as they could complete as they are selling them on the auction and had 40 to sale at the western games. They sold 39 of the 40 by the way at 2000 a piece. Many of the regular NM's they have are greek returns and most if not all the parts got scattered to hell and back. The army did not get all the M1's the Greeks had either so many of hte NM parts could still be in Greece. They still have NM rifles for sale I think that are complete or nearly so but not one service grade rifle had GI wood so I will guess they are out of good wood to put these back to GI configuration. It was one of those days were I wish I had my camera with me. I saw many rare markings, NM type barrels and I had only seen two real AFPG's in my life so to see as many as ten at one time was just mind blowing. Not having the correct stocks is realy not to upsetting to me as stock are expenable. They break, they get replaced for other reasons. I have a real NM stock in the shop now for twenty years I picked up for 5 dollars becuase it was broken at the clip latch. One day I'll repair it and with the two NM's I bought maybe I'll use it on one of them. Lucky for me I have many of the real AFPG type windage knobs. The ones I have are really made later for the NM M14 but are made from real USGI parts just like the ones the Air Force used and unless some one tells you when they were made you can not tell the difference as they are exactly the same. Which gives me an Idea. I'll post pictures of what the real AFPG windage knobs should look like for you guys.
Donald
Old 09-14-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGentry View Post
How much were the AFPG's selling for and what did they look like? Thanks!
Not "segregated" to their own ID rack. Mixed in here and there but mostly Service Grade.
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell
Old 09-15-2012, 07:47 AM

Anyone ever see '03s there? I'm in need of a SC A3. Just curious. TIA
Old 09-15-2012, 09:09 AM

Afpg ????
Old 09-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Default Sg sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIN 342 View Post
Afpg ????
Air Force Primium Grade. It's a service grade Springfield with national match parts on them. They are not national match rifle with a $2000 plus price tag or with papers.

I think that sums it up?
eaglekeeper
Old 09-15-2012, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
Air Force Primium Grade. It's a service grade Springfield with national match parts on them. They are not national match rifle with a $2000 plus price tag or with papers.
Yep. And without NM papers: no tickee no buckee.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
Yep. And without NM papers: no tickee no buckee.
And NM barrels or NM parts do not make a NM rifle....it makes a rifle assembled for sale by the CMP.