Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 01:57 PM

Default Store Report

Would like a store report on the barreled receivers and service grade SA's?

Thanks,
eaglekeeper
Old 09-12-2012, 04:50 PM

You ask for it EK and you get it.
I arrived today at about 6:45 South Store time. Even that early I was third in line. But better early than late to this party.
So at 8am in we go and as reported before there are truely NM SA's in CMP stocks on the Service Grade racks. There where I'd say ten AFPG's maybe 30 Regular National Match if there is such a thing as Regular when you speak of the NM's. I was in the company of four friends and there were 15 or so other customers. Between my little crowd we relieve the CMP of four AFPG's and Six or Seven other NM rifles. I Also help several other less experienced Garand addicts to pick out four of the other AFPG's and three other NM rifles so we made a big dent in the supply on the floor. Many others NM's were purchased as well and there were less than 10 of the AFPG's and NM total when I left at 11am. There were five 5.9 SA Service grades and at least ten 5.3 SA SG's as well as quite a few WWII receiver and barrel combo's that appeared to be correct and the usual 5.8 and 5.4 SA's . I'd say half or better are new rifles with CMP wood. The other half are used excellent or re parks that were all but new. The worst SG SA would be a keeper any day of the week. Yes I'm still on a caffeen high, long drive and long day. Oh, there were about 80 SA service grades in total.
So you asked about the barreled actions. There is thrity or so with about half six digit and, 40% seven digit WWII and the rest post war it think all were 5.8 mil like two or three. Excellent condition. Nothing wrong with anyone I looked at and if I had not bought the three NM's I'd have been happy to take three of them home.
Now for the rest of the crowd the rest of the story. NO HRA service grades. They have been pulled for mail orders. I'm looking for a 4.6 and 5.4 so no joy on that quest today. There has to be 80 field and rack grade HRA's but well picked over.
About as many SA field and rack grades and also in sad shape.
Plenty of M1C's both flavors, Field and Service.
Less M1d's but plenty to pick through.
The only thing that has not been posted the last few weeks by others at the store is there is still 30-06 brass at the store. Not that much I was told so I went ahead and picked up ten can at 15 bucks a can. can's alone are worth a third of the price so it's like 250 pieces of once fired brass for 10 dollars. Don't think it last a day or two more from what I was told.
That's about all, if I missed something maybe someone else from today will post here as well.

Last edited by Don in SC; 09-13-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:13 PM

Donald, excellent report; thanks.
Steve
Old 09-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in SC View Post
I'd say half or better are new rifles with CMP wood. The other half are used excellent or re parks that were all but new.
Are you saying that half of SG wood are new CMP and half are USGI walnut?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:36 PM

Are the AFPG's 308?
Old 09-12-2012, 05:54 PM

Default Thanks Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in SC View Post
You ask for it EK and you get it.
Thanks Don, that's what I needed!

eaglekeeper

Old 09-12-2012, 06:24 PM

Sorry brain was faster than the fingers. Every service grade rifle in the store had CMP wood. A few were birch but most were CMP stamped Walnut. Sorry to cause confusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennboy View Post
Are you saying that half of SG wood are new CMP and half are USGI walnut?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:26 PM

Picked up a very nice and original looking 5.49 HRA last Friday just before closing when they brought out restock material. Beautiful HRA stock with a three digit number (280) stamped in the left side of the stock. Had the store to myself. A little weird.

Last edited by parmel; 09-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:27 PM

None that I saw, the only 308 were the CMP Super Duper Service Specials or what ever they are called. The ones with the new CBI barrels. I really did not pay much attention other than walking by them but they looked nice on the rack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twra1301 View Post
Are the AFPG's 308?
Old 09-12-2012, 06:28 PM

Nice score, you may have got the last of the currect service HRA as they have all been pulled from the south store. I guess there could be some up north but I'm not that hard up for one to drive that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parmel View Post
Picked up a very nice and original looking 5.49 HRA last Friday just before closing when they brought out restock material. Beautiful HRA stock with a three digit number stamped in the left side of the stock. Had the store to myself. A little weird.