Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Go get them EK, there are some real nice rifles. I'd have sold the house and bought more if they had been in nice GI stocks. Going to be pricey to restock the NM regular NMs. I scored a real AFPG stock set last year in Greenville, SC at the SCACA gun show. 150 dollars for all three piece and all metal included. At the time I was thinking I'd never see a AFPG with out a stock but what the hell. Goes to show how wrong I can be it guess but this time I'm glad I was. I just pulled the stock set out to see what the S/N was on it. Really wish I had that info with me as I don't think I'll ever see ten AFPG's agian. Think I'll post some pictures of the stock as a teaser.
Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglekeeper View Post
Thanks Don, that's what I needed!

eaglekeeper
Old 09-12-2012, 07:13 PM

Thanks Don.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don in SC View Post
Sorry brain was faster than the fingers. Every service grade rifle in the store had CMP wood. A few were birch but most were CMP stamped Walnut. Sorry to cause confusion.
Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 PM

Stock tease

Old 09-12-2012, 07:34 PM

And the money shot AFPG date and S/N stamping.

Old 09-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Don...after the money shot...you'll have to wipe her down!! lol
Old 09-12-2012, 10:41 PM

My brother and I had to give the Harley's some exercise and wound up at the SS about 1330. There were also a couple of '03 BRs. The RIA was BADly pitted. The Grade B receiver case was full of WWII receivers on the bottom rows. Top row was primarily LN '03 receivers. I picked up a SN 75XXX RIA with Hatcher Hole. 3 or 4 more RIAs, the rest SA and a couple of them also had the HH. Big box of Greek leather slings at $2. About 5 boxes of REAL rusty carbine mags at $5. Box of Turner slings at $45. Picked up another can of once fired -06 brass. My brother decided to pass on a "cute" case of .410. Made his Harley to "top heavy". Didn't have a lot of time but after seeing NO WRAs in the racks, went through quite a few of the HRAs. Nothing started singing to me but did see several wearing HRA wood. Yup, in the SAs I saw a lot of the AFPG and NM stuff. Some of that new birch lumber sure looks like it will have some outstanding figure and color once properly finished to bring it out....got my South Store fix and good to go (for a little while), Just might have to talk myself into one of the Garand BR & bolt combos. I have enough spare parts to do a mix master build just fo'th'helluvit....
USMC Ret. 1986, US Army Civilian Retired 2011

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
-- George Orwell

Last edited by gunny; 09-12-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:56 PM

How much were the AFPG's selling for and what did they look like? Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM

From original report: "----thrity or so with about half six digit and, 40% five digit WWII and the rest post war---"

Don, per your original report, just wanted to verify that there are around a dozen five-digits in the BA rack and not seven-digit WW-IIs? I also saw a good number of six-digits when I was there a while back, but no fives. If there are fives available, I may not be able to resist a trip south! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:03 PM

Sorry that was also a mis type. It was a very long day with way to much caffeen. There were about half six digit XXX,XXX and half Seven digit X,XXX,XXX with mostly all WWII and a couple Post war I think 5,8 mil BA's.
Donald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tester19 View Post
From original report: "----thrity or so with about half six digit and, 40% five digit WWII and the rest post war---"

Don, per your original report, just wanted to verify that there are around a dozen five-digits in the BA rack and not seven-digit WW-IIs? I also saw a good number of six-digits when I was there a while back, but no fives. If there are fives available, I may not be able to resist a trip south! Thanks!
Old 09-13-2012, 06:22 PM

Thanks Don---thought it might be a typo, but being a five-and six-digit junkie, I had to ask! Great report by the way---I may have to go anyway.