Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP General > CMP South Store
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 06:57 PM

Every time I hear about the knife cuts on hundreds, maybe thousands?, of pristine unissued Kimbers, I'm blown away by the negligence/incompetance of the guilty individual's. Simply astounding.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Yeah it is a shame!

It makes it real easy to tell on GB where the rifle came from. There is one on there right with a guy trying to get $1500.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to deputy85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Every time I hear about the knife cuts on hundreds, maybe thousands?, of pristine unissued Kimbers, I'm blown away by the negligence/incompetance of the guilty individual's. Simply astounding.
Kinda harsh , they were instructed to open the bags for inventory and given a razor knife to do it with,,, they did it,, job accomplished
Old 10-13-2012, 11:40 PM

Still no pictures, but I cleaned the Kimber and there was not the first bit of rust. There was a lot of yellow grease? I put a coat of BLO on the stock and as soon as it dries I will put it back together and get some pictures
Old 10-14-2012, 06:52 AM

Send a message via AIM to Shomway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake View Post
Still no pictures, but I cleaned the Kimber and there was not the first bit of rust. There was a lot of yellow grease? I put a coat of BLO on the stock and as soon as it dries I will put it back together and get some pictures
Thanks Chesapeake would love to see it when you are done.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftsman View Post
Doesnt surprise me after my time in the military. They are just objects with a NSN to the average GI. Some have civilian supply techs. Ive seen Union Supply techs leave electronics in the rain for weeks. Ive seen serviceable TV's smashed so they dont get processed. I once saw an antique oak commanders desk smashed and sent to the recycler because the DRMO was over a hundred miles away and it wasnt worth the trip. An antique desk is rare considering the amount of furniture the military buys.

Cut and rusty Kimbers dont surprise me one bit.

Last edited by Front Line; 10-14-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 12:19 PM

Default Ss 10-13-12

I was 4th in line at 0740. I went straight to the SG Winchesters. There were about 10 at opening and I found a nice one with GI wood and WRA bolt, but a springfield barrel. Everyone else was looking over the navy barreled recievers so I went to the SG Springfields. I got 2 nice ones with GI wood. Both WW2 and one with correct barrel. Looking at FG springfields I should have picked up the only one that was WW2 with correct barrel. Darrel C got that and a nice 6 digit serial number. He later put the 6 digit back and I took that one too. It was fun talking to the other customers. There were a number of customers helping fellow customers and spreading knowledge and giving advise. There were lots of SG springfields w 7 with GI wood. Many had USMC tags from 1965. When I left at 1000 hours there were 20 of these springfields and only 3 winchesters left. There were a lot of SG HRAs but all of the 6 million serial numbers were gone. The kimbers were going like hot cakes, but there were at least 15 left. I was nervous that much of the stock was taken to the western games, but that was not the case. There were many happy customers and I heard at least 3 say, "my wife is going to kill me" with everything they were buying.