Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > Garand, Springfield, Military Rifle and Rimfire Matches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Default Broome County Sportsmen Asso. Match

Saturday, August 26. the first Broome County Sportsmen Association C.M.P. match was held.
The B.C.S.A is located just east of Binghamton, NY. on Foley Road just off NY RT. 17. Carl Criddle ,match director, put on a great event.
There were 10 shooters in attendance. There were four relays and 15 shooting positions so there was plenty of room. The range is 100' and we shot SR-1 targets. The weather was clear and cool between 55 and 70 degrees F. for the match.
Carl supplied cold drinks and pizza for lunch after the second relay. The shooting was fun and everyone that attended had a great time. C.M.P. pins were awarded to shooters in M1, Springfield, Vintage and Modern Military. Three cash prizes of $20.00 were awarded by ticket drawing. Each shooter received 10 to 12 tickets depending on their best score of the day.

Carl was hoping for a better turn-out especially from members of the Association. I assured him I'd get the word out for next years match so there would be a full slate of shooters. But when all is said and done it was a fantastic shoot.

I'm looking forward to next years match. Eddie