Go Back   CMP Forums > CMP Competitions > National Match AR
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2017, 01:34 PM

Default Fiocchi Brass & SR Primers??

Acquired a stash of Fiocchi .223 brass and SR primers. I toss FC .223 brass, use LC, NATO, RP, Winchester, MAL, etc. Wondering about the Fiocchi brass and primers?? Anyone care to comment based on experience?? Also--have noticed some nasty bolt/receiver fouling (AR) recently since I started using VarGet more. BenchMark has been my standard and I am not used to having to do much cleaning. Is VarGet dirty(er)?? Good Shooting. ....
Old 09-17-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceresco View Post
Acquired a stash of Fiocchi .223 brass and SR primers. I toss FC .223 brass, use LC, NATO, RP, Winchester, MAL, etc. Wondering about the Fiocchi brass and primers?? Anyone care to comment based on experience?? Also--have noticed some nasty bolt/receiver fouling (AR) recently since I started using VarGet more. BenchMark has been my standard and I am not used to having to do much cleaning. Is VarGet dirty(er)?? Good Shooting. ....

I have a small quantity that I use for my coyote loads. Has held up well through 4 firings with good accuracy. Can't speak for their primers.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:56 AM

Doesn't look lIke there is much interest in Fiocchi. I have processed and primed (with Fiocchi) the brass. It looks good in all respects. It weighs 102-103grs primed, so it is relatively heavy. Haven't decided exactly how to use it yet.... Good Shooting. ..