Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Northeast > New Jersey
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2013, 01:12 PM

Default Central Jersey match

http://www.centraljerseyhighpower.co..._m1_garand.cfm
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena....
Old 06-20-2013, 02:54 AM

Considering going in August or October.

Got my first Garand in April. I can land all my shots on a 12" target at 100 yards but it's all over. I don't have a good group.
I'm going to practice more and try to attend!
Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patman252 View Post
Considering going in August or October.

Got my first Garand in April. I can land all my shots on a 12" target at 100 yards but it's all over. I don't have a good group.
I'm going to practice more and try to attend!
Are you using a sling and shooting prone?? If not try that, your groups may shrink. Definitely attend the match in August, it's a low key match that's attended by expereinced shoots who will be happy to help with whatever you need!
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena....
Old 06-26-2013, 07:46 PM

Well I got myself a reproduction military web sling. I don't have it set up to use for stabilizing the rifle though. And I don't think my range allows prone shooting. I could be wrong... It's not in the rules, but I've never seen anyone do it. I go to Range 14 at Fort Dix.

Also I read somebody's advice about lowering the rear sight to protect it while stored. I guess I forgot the part about marking my zero position. Now I have to spend some time and ammo trying to find my rifles zero again. Ugh. Haha
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Here's a good video on the use of a web sling in the sitting position, works similar in prone......
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KRPfj-6bRZM
Old 06-28-2013, 02:56 AM

Good video, thanks!