Forum Webmaster

Default For sale sections rules/guidelines

Rules can be found here:
forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=649

-GitM
Old 10-30-2009, 08:01 AM

Can I sell a barreled reciever ?
Old 10-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Not GitM, but Yes, It is your responsibility to insure all laws and regulations are met.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:40 AM

Default "Other" items for sale

Question answered

Last edited by mrmarshohio; 08-15-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Question answered
Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 PM

Not GitM, but Yes, It is your responsibility to insure all laws and regulations are met.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:26 PM

I doubt that you can sell it here. The rules seem a bit excessive. 75 or 100 posts minimum and other registration requirements that they can not even get done. The rules are spread out in about 3 different places, I don't blame you for asking. One set of rules lead me to believe I could. I spent a couple hours putting it up then I got the definitive link. Good luck, I got attacked pretty quickly.
I've been respectful. A member of 2 other forums and lurked a bit here. At their rate I won't be able to post anything for sale for 5 to 6 years. I guess they put a premium on continuous meaningless posting and attacks.
At least the moderator was responsible.
I think this is it:

http://forums.thecmp.org/announcement.php?f=87
Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 AM

I think the rules got changed yesterday.

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=50671

Still some old reference to the 75 post in other threads, but I am sure they will change them too.

Good luck with your ads.

Had 136 Pos feedbacks on the old system, in over two hundred transactions. They went poof. Please post your feedback here: http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=200241
Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1sw View Post
I doubt that you can sell it here. The rules seem a bit excessive. 75 or 100 posts minimum and other registration requirements that they can not even get done. The rules are spread out in about 3 different places, I don't blame you for asking. One set of rules lead me to believe I could. I spent a couple hours putting it up then I got the definitive link. Good luck, I got attacked pretty quickly.
I've been respectful. A member of 2 other forums and lurked a bit here. At their rate I won't be able to post anything for sale for 5 to 6 years. I guess they put a premium on continuous meaningless posting and attacks.
I think this is it:

I'm with you....I don't know the rules either...sometimes I have to hunt all the forums to dig them all up. But, having said that. The CMP Forum is a "forum" for folks to post "continuous meaninless posting" and once in a while if you hang out here, you will actually learn something. This forum is not an Ebay, or a GB or a Guns America.....those are where you sell firearms and related accessories. The CMP forum is a discussion forum about common interests. If your intent is to sell stuff.....go to GB or Ebay. Just my .02....
Old 02-01-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott1sw View Post
I think this is it:

I totally sympathize with you. The 75 post rule is excessive. I too am a respected member of two other forums and a good CMP customer. Seems that should account for something.

At least this post will add one more to my total.
Old 02-01-2012, 07:38 PM

Thanks Comrades,
Good to know there are a few voices of reason here. After this experience I was contemplating removing myself and going back to lurking.
I am more of a reader than a poster. There is an amazing volume of information and experience here and I will use the forum for that.
This is the first gun I've tried to sell 20 years. This just seems to be an appropriate place where there would be folks that appreciate it.
Thanks for the input. (post #4)