Go Back   CMP Forums > Marketplace > Parts For Sale or Trade
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Agreed, 75 posts seems excessive to me also......
Old 02-03-2012, 05:16 PM

Received this, the voice of reason....precision40

"Scott,

Yesterday, we revised out sales requirements. As long as your FIRST and LAST name as well as your STATE are listed in your profile, you may sell all you wish. Regards

-Rex
Moderator"

By the way, a gentleman that is in NM is corresponding about the M1D.. He hasn't been able to get back here to hand pick one and is looking at mine. I knew this forum was the place to be. A community of like minded comrades. Thanks again, Scott

Last edited by precision40; 02-27-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTUS View Post
How interesting you would feel that way....nothing personal, I'm just surprised how many people pop on the scene and their first post is a $3000+ sale........not from me..........
I am glad to see the 75 post requirement change. I have been a CMP customer for many years - and I officially "joined" the forum in May, 2010 - but like many, I come here to soak up the wealth of knowledge that is here, verses contributing. (also lurked for a long time prior to joining as well).
My post count (not counting this post) is 58. This was still notably below the "75 minimum post" rule to list anything for sale.

I guess this was a good thing in some ways. Since I was unable to post some spare Garand parts I had this fall, I consigned them at a local auction where they sold for MUCH more (even after the seller fees) than what I would have asked for them on here. That turned out good for me, but definitely didn't help any of members here that may have been interested in those items.

People complained about people showing up "out of the blue" and listing items for sales with few to no post counts - well there is an option regarding this - as a BUYER look at the sellers post count, join date, etc. If you are uncomfortable with the seller's time on the board, post count, etc. - simple DON'T purchase from the person!

OK - I'll step down from my soap box now.

I am glad to "hear" that the posting rules have changed... However, that change isn't noted in the announcement at top of the for sale section labeled "ANNOUNCEMENT"...
http://forums.thecmp.org/announcement.php?f=11
Or the Sticky "For sale sections rules/guidelines " at top of the Parts For Sale or Trade forum...
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=1
Etc...

After some digging - I did find it in the Sticky post at the top of the Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand section - but only by luck as I was looking for a "new" reply / posting - however I found it was contained in the following post:
"Please read this this if you wish to use the classifieds." - which has a posting date 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM - however if you open it, it has a revision date of 01-31-2012 at 12:13 PM

Hopefully all of the other forum sections will be updated to reflect the revision of these requirements shortly (at least I am assuming that this effects all for sale forums and not just the Garand sub-forum).

And a note to the moderators - THANK YOU for reconsidering and now removing the 75 minimum post requirement!
Old 03-20-2012, 02:02 PM

+1 trillion.

Bug these folks too much about it and they'll just drop the sales section altogether. I don't trust newbs either and folks just showing up to sell a few things is an annoyance. I wish they would've kept it at 100 posts or more. It degrades our forum with unknown sellers and raises the prices of items as well when retailers get on here and their prices suck. Used to be a place where collectors got on here and sold/traded a few items at friendly, CMP-type prices. I have to pay top dollar now to get what I need and now I have to charge top dollar for my gear to pay for it. It's terrible....should've kept it at 100 posts or more. Contribute to the community or take your stuff to gunbroker or ebay where you belong.

Last edited by hammonje; 03-20-2012 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:47 PM

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscoTodd View Post
I am glad to see the 75 post requirement change. I have been a CMP customer for many years - and I officially "joined" the forum in May, 2010 - but like many, I come here to soak up the wealth of knowledge that is here, verses contributing. (also lurked for a long time prior to joining as well).
My post count (not counting this post) is 58. This was still notably below the "75 minimum post" rule to list anything for sale.

I guess this was a good thing in some ways. Since I was unable to post some spare Garand parts I had this fall, I consigned them at a local auction where they sold for MUCH more (even after the seller fees) than what I would have asked for them on here. That turned out good for me, but definitely didn't help any of members here that may have been interested in those items.

People complained about people showing up "out of the blue" and listing items for sales with few to no post counts - well there is an option regarding this - as a BUYER look at the sellers post count, join date, etc. If you are uncomfortable with the seller's time on the board, post count, etc. - simple DON'T purchase from the person!

OK - I'll step down from my soap box now.

I am glad to "hear" that the posting rules have changed... However, that change isn't noted in the announcement at top of the for sale section labeled "ANNOUNCEMENT"...
http://forums.thecmp.org/announcement.php?f=11
Or the Sticky "For sale sections rules/guidelines " at top of the Parts For Sale or Trade forum...
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=1
Etc...

After some digging - I did find it in the Sticky post at the top of the Parts For Sale or Trade > M1 Garand section - but only by luck as I was looking for a "new" reply / posting - however I found it was contained in the following post:
"Please read this this if you wish to use the classifieds." - which has a posting date 07-28-2011, 12:18 PM - however if you open it, it has a revision date of 01-31-2012 at 12:13 PM

Hopefully all of the other forum sections will be updated to reflect the revision of these requirements shortly (at least I am assuming that this effects all for sale forums and not just the Garand sub-forum).

And a note to the moderators - THANK YOU for reconsidering and now removing the 75 minimum post requirement!
Old 12-29-2016, 05:58 PM

Is the FULL LEGAL NAME AND STATE requirement still in effect? I stopped listing anything here due to it - I wasn't even notified, just had posts removed by moderators without reason.
I am intentionally discreet about my firearms-related hobbies, and prefer a great deal of anonymity - requiring such disclosures is a huge security risk.

Eli