Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:36 PM

Guess I'll have to get a few rounds off in the back yard to find paper with the mosin. Haven't had a chance to get zero figured out since I had a screw loose the last match.

Think I'll run the K31 and the M96 in the two matches.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:50 AM

One more thing guys,

Letís try to get to the range by 8:30 so that the match can begin right at 9:00am. Last time we were about 45 minutes late in starting. We will be squadding on the line so you can move your gear right to the line after you pick up your score cards. Keep your fingers crossed for good weather.

Later,

Tom
Old 06-15-2013, 10:17 PM

Thanks to Tom, Kurt and all the others at GRRC that made the matches today possible. Still admiring my shiney silver pins and looking forward to July 6. Had a great time and won $200 on rippers at the Refuge on the way home.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:21 AM

I agree....it takes a lot of hard work to run a match. Again, it was very well run and a lot of fun.

Siefly
Old 06-16-2013, 11:22 PM

Wish I could have been there, but I had other obligations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
Thanks to Tom, Kurt and all the others at GRRC that made the matches today possible. Still admiring my shiney silver pins and looking forward to July 6. Had a great time and won $200 on rippers at the Refuge on the way home.
Good job, Polaris!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:27 PM

Which rifle to shoot on the 6th? Did really well with the K-31, it's my standard, most familiar with it but would need some last second load development as I'm out of 4320.

The G-11 showed a lot of promise with the long sight radius and greater weight. Really settled down my offhand but had to use some heavy Kentucky with the aimpoint. Hope to correct that issue eventually with a heavier bullet and powder charge tweaked to regulate the sights.

The M96 has ammo loaded ready to go. It really heats up though, especially when it's hot and sunny and I haven't figured out for sure if it walks a bit with heating. Probably leaning towards this one anyway as I doubt I'll have time to work any loads.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:59 PM

Well, the new Swiss load with 4064 was unimpressive and shot too low still so it looks like I'll be running the Swede.

Ran a hot barrel test rapid 20 round string after 2 five shot groups. It was sweating oil when I got done. 2 groups were sub-MOA and the rapid string opened up to only 2 with no POI shift.

Apparently my 3-oclock 9 ring shift on rapid in the may match was either me or the wind.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:34 PM

I'll see you guys on Saturday, weather permitting. I'm going to try to make the morning match, as well, but we'll see how it goes.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:38 PM

Hey guys,

I need some help cleaning up the range this Saturday, September 17, 2013. I will be giving a range tour next Tuesday to a couple of very important people. These guests will be flying in all the way from Ohio and Alabama so I want to make a good impression. So here is what I had in mind.
  • Meet at the 200/300 yard shed at 9:00am with our weed whips, sickle bar cutters, rakes, hip boots/waiters and any other power tools we may need or think we need.
  • Work on cleaning up the range for no more than a couple of hours if that. The work will mainly be cutting down the weeds in front of the firing lines and around the targets in the pits.
  • Once the range is all cleaned up we will have a Military Match. No charge to anyone that helps to clean up the range. That’s right a FREE MATCH! We will even hand out CMP pins to those who earn them.
So who can I count on to give me a hand?
Thanks,
Tom

Last edited by tjtorborg; 09-11-2013 at 11:40 AM.