Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Northwest > Oregon
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM

Default East End

Jeff, I live in the hills behind M-F, if you have a chance check out there website, we have covered bench rests, 5 stand clays, cowboy action and pistol ranges. Rifle goes from 25 yrds out to 600 yrds. I have had my HRA 54 model M1 for 3 yrs and my M1 carbine for about 2 and a half. Both are fun to shoot and accurate, more so than I am.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:52 PM

I'm in Portland and I belong to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek as well. They have a regular CMP Service Rifle and High Power program. They even have club rifles available for those who wish to try it out. I finally got motivated to jump into a Service Rifle match, after receiving my first Service Grade M1 last week. Good bunch of guys - I was a bit apprehensive trying to use a new-to-me rifle, given that I hadn't zeroed or even fired it yet and my sling and ammo aren't here yet but they got me set up and I had a good time.

Estacada Rod and Gun Club also does CMP matches (short range only).

Erik
Old 12-08-2013, 07:10 AM

Default Nice country

I bet you live with the Walla Walla unit right behind you,
Some Monster Rocky Mont. Bulls reside there, But with only 25 tags a year I kind of look at that as a in in 12 year elk tags. But I digress
I want to get back into shooting some pistol shooting as well My 45 have been sitting to long I have been spoiled shooting my colt ace's, No reloading that way
I just finished a very nice restoration on a HRA I am on the Hunt for a HRA with a LMR barrel. I hear you about our rifle's shooting beter than us mainly due to not getting to range enough.
Again welcome to the CMP forum and thanks for the Oregon insite..
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGDunk View Post
Jeff, I live in the hills behind M-F, if you have a chance check out there website, we have covered bench rests, 5 stand clays, cowboy action and pistol ranges. Rifle goes from 25 yrds out to 600 yrds. I have had my HRA 54 model M1 for 3 yrs and my M1 carbine for about 2 and a half. Both are fun to shoot and accurate, more so than I am.

33+ transactions, 100% Positive Itrader rating,
My feedback
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....ght=apprentice
Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM

Thumbs up I fish some

Erik I love the Signature been hitting the steelhead?
I have some relations that live in West Linn When I get a chance I may load some stuff up and try that Estacada range or your Douglas range do they allow out of towner's to shoot?
Welcome to the CMP forum & thank you for the post
Hey guys were getting some oregon info out there !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ifishsum View Post
I'm in Portland and I belong to Douglas Ridge Rifle Club in Eagle Creek as well. They have a regular CMP Service Rifle and High Power program. They even have club rifles available for those who wish to try it out. I finally got motivated to jump into a Service Rifle match, after receiving my first Service Grade M1 last week. Good bunch of guys - I was a bit apprehensive trying to use a new-to-me rifle, given that I hadn't zeroed or even fired it yet and my sling and ammo aren't here yet but they got me set up and I had a good time.

Estacada Rod and Gun Club also does CMP matches (short range only).

Erik

My feedback
Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 AM

Smile Oregon Lists

Jeff, right in the middle of the unit, unfortunately most of the unit is private property and you also have to have permission to hunt. Yesterday was 0 degrees and met three hunters that were out. I have a 1911 that I tank to our range along with the M1's. Cant wait for warmer weather to get out and shoot again.
Old 12-08-2013, 06:02 PM

Jeff - Steelhead fishing was indeed the inspiration for the screen name, but due to nerve pain in my lower extremities I haven't been able to do much of that for a few years. But I am now much more involved in shooting so I guess it's not all bad.

I personally haven't shot at Estacada R&G yet but I know that our CMP Service Rifle and all other matches at Douglas Ridge are open to non-members. To shoot on a non-match day you have to be with a club member. The 100 yard matches are pretty low key but if you haven't shot a match before they require an orientation, usually Friday night before a shoot. Next one is in early March I believe. You're welcome to PM me if you're planning a trip over and want to see about shooting, if I have the free time I don't usually need much incentive to do some shooting

I grew up in La Grande and have shot at the club there at Hilgard before, nice place.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:21 AM

Merry Christmas to the members & thank you for the postings in this thread.
Jeff

My feedback
Old 01-05-2014, 10:52 AM

Default NO snow no rain just cold with slight wind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apprentice View Post
But I loaded 200 rounds of 06,
So I will post a Win-13 and a rebuild Shuff's reparked HRA get some work this Saturday in some nice open 32 Eastern Oregon sun
My son is a devout mouse gun lover with the affection to a M1A. However I am breaking him down a little he is shooting my H&R 5.7 that is corrected and re-parked by Schuff's
http://s1020.photobucket.com/user/Je...EF5FD.mp4.html

My feedback

Last edited by The Apprentice; 01-05-2014 at 10:53 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-13-2014, 05:09 PM

I live in Bend we have the COSSA range about 20 miles east of town.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORN197 View Post
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club in Albany apparently has an active high power match schedule. I've never been... but want to go. They're not THAT far from home for me.
I'm a member and R.O. you would be welcome as my guest any time if you want to come down for the high power and Garand shoot. Thats why I signed up at ARPC. I have yet to shoot in the match. I haven't checked in a couple weeks to see if the calendar has updated. I will PM you a link shortly. http://www.arpc.info/cgi/calendar.pl

Last edited by Gun Tuner; 01-29-2014 at 11:45 PM.