Go Back   CMP Forums > Regional Matches and Events > Great Lakes > Minnesota
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2014, 12:48 PM

Default M1 Garand at LGS in Ramsey, MN

I just wanted to give you guys in MN a heads up. Total Defense in Ramsey received a M1 Garand and ammo on consignment. I am friends with the owners they asked me to take a look at it. It is nothing special that is for sure.

It was a 3.5mil Springfield. The receiver and barrel had been reparked light gray. It is sporting a SA 1951 barrel can't remember the month. The barrel measured 2+ and TE was around a 4. The only other parts that I could positively identify was a "11" follower, a PB marked bolt, a -3 Hammer and a nice D28290-1 SA Trigger housing. The op-rod had the relief cut but I could not find the drawing number on it. The stock was OK, lock up was very good, lots of small wholes where someone used the stock to set the rounds in the en-blocs, front hand guard looked to be new production.

The price is high in my opinion at $899 so I think it will stay there for a while as it is not a smoking deal by anyone's imagination.

They also had 4 cans of ammo, It was Lake City ammo, 20 rounds to a box, saw 67, 73 dates. The ammo looked great. I think it was around .65 cents a round.

I just thought I would pass it on to my fellow Minnesotans. So if you are in the area stop on by and take a look, I am sure I missed something.

Here is the shops information for those interested.

Total Defense
14031 Saint Francis Blvd,
Ramsey, MN 55303

(763) 432-6134
mntotaldefense.com

Feedback link
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=131438
Old 05-03-2014, 04:03 PM

A bit steep for those in the know, but that seems to be the going rate for anything Garand that goes bang locally. I might swing by next weekend and look to see if they are interested in something that goes bang X20 in 7.62 Nato for trade. Probably more their bag anyhow.